Middle school and high school students from the Herndon High School Drama Boosters Club will present “The Little Mermaid,” a full-length musical based on the Hans Christian Andersen story and the Disney film produced by Howard Ashman and John Musker.
Performances, which will take place at Herndon Middle School (901 Locust Street), are scheduled for 7 p.m. on Friday (July 27) and Saturday (July 27). A Sunday show will take place at 2 p.m.
The club will also offer a backstage tour for young children before Sunday’s matinee from 1-1:45 p.m. After each show, cast members will be available for photos.
“It’s an amazing experience, as students must really come together as a team in order to put on this full-length production in less than four weeks,” said Renee Maxwell, a drama booster.
Tickets are $10 for students and children and $12 for adults if purchased online. At the door, tickets are $12 for students and children and $15 for adults.
The complete cast is below:
- Director: Raphael Schklowsky, Theatre Director, Herndon High School
- Vocal Director: Jane Waldrop, Music Teacher, Clearview Elementary School
- Tech Director: Lukas Funke, FCPS Employee (and former Herndon High student)
- Assistant Director & Choreographer: Erin Maxwell, Rising Senior, Herndon High School
- Stage Manager: Gigi Henriquez, Rising Senior, Herndon High School
- Orchestra Conductor: Jeremy Shoop, Director of Music Ministries, Holy Cross Lutheran Church
- Costume Designer: Maria V. Bissex, Owner, MVB Costumes
Photos via Renee Maxwell
The widening of Elden Street from four to six lanes — a roughly $40.6 million project — is expected to begin in late 2022. The Virginia Department of Transportation plans…
A local mental health practice is on the move. Dr. Goldberg & Associates plans to open move into a larger location by Nov. 1, a business representative tells Reston Now….
Thank you for subscribing and your continued support of local news.
A Food Lion in Herndon (via Google Maps) Fairfax County’s new plastic bag tax, set to take effect on Jan. 1, drew both support and opposition from the supermarket industry….