With Easter Sunday on the horizon, there are plenty of local options for egg hunts and celebrations. The Town of Herndon is hosting its annual egg hunt on Saturday at 777 Lynn Street.
Preregistration is $9 until 5 p.m. today (Friday) and $10 the day of the event. Three egg hunts are planned, with the first beginning at 9:45 a.m. Other activities include quilt crafts, decorating a mural, a petting zoo, photo opportunities with the Easter Bunny, and more.
Parking is free and the event will be held rain or shine. More information is available online.
Tomorrow (April 20)
- Reston Farmers Market (8 a.m.) — The market, which is located at Lake Anne Plaza (1609 Washington Plaza), kicks off with an offering of fruit, veggies, breads and snacks to satisfy your taste buds.
- Growing Healthy plants with Smart Pots (9 a.m. to 2 p.m.) — In this free educational workshop, attendees will learn about to grow healthy plants with smart pots. It’ll be held at Reston Farm Market (10800 Baron Cameron Avenue).
- Bookworms Club (11 a.m.) — Young readers are invited to take part in this free book club where a new theme will be explored each week at Reston Regional Library (11925 Bowman Towne Drive). Readers can join at any time
- Fix-it Clinic (2-4 p.m.) — Bring bikes, small appliances jewelry, and fabric items for minor repairs at the library’s first fix-it clinic. The event is taking place as several libraries, including Herndon Regional Library and Reston Regional Library.
Sunday (April 21)
- One-on-one Computer Help (all day) — Need some help with your device? You can make a one-hour appointment with a tech volunteer. Just make sure the device is fully charged (and don’t forget your password).
- Restoration Church Egg Hunt (10:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.) — The church (1501 Becontree Lane) will offer an egg hunt, face painting, food, games and more. Two services will take place in the morning before the big event.
Photo by Annie Spratt
Before we head into a weekend, let’s take a look back at the biggest stories on the site in recent days. Pet of the Week: Bear who, after living outside…
Construction on a new pedestrian bridge over Wiehle Avenue is set to begin sometime next summer. The bridge, which would connect to the Washington & Old Dominion Trail, is intended…
Zoomph, a Reston-based tech company that started in 2016 is continuing to build national partnerships. Its digital platform provides social media post metrics for sports clients along with detailed demographic…
For anyone who feels strongly about whether or not Lee Highway and Lee-Jackson Memorial Highway should continue to bear those names, the time to share that opinion has arrived. The…