The Reston Chorale is presenting a self-guided tour of private gardens on Saturday, June 1 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The third annual event, which is called Gardens of Note, will also feature pop-up performances by members and friends of The Reston Chorale and a Hidden Lane Garden Party at the end of the day.
Tickets, which are $22, can be purchased online in advance or in-person at the following locations:
- Mayflowers (11959 Market Street)
- Chesapeake Chocolates, Wine, Gifts & More (11426 Washington Plaza W)
- The Wine Cabinet (1416 North Point Village Center)
- Reston Farm Market (10800 Baron Cameron Avenue)
Prices rise to $25 on tour day. All proceeds benefit The Reston Chorale.
Visitors will pick their first stop after receiving a list of the gardens on this year’s tour. Tickets will then be exchanged for a program guide with a tour map and more information.
The event concludes with a Hidden Lane Garden Party at 4 p.m., which features light refreshments, guided tours of the property, and ensemble performances by The Reston Chorale. The party is hosted by Hidden Lane Residential Landscapes on their grounds.
This year’s gardens of note were selected by tour organizers and garden specialists:
- The Agnew garden in North Point
- The Over and Vongsavat gardens at Lake Anne
- The Horr garden and West Market
- Pond in Reston Town Center
- Fannie Mae gardens and ponds
- Reston Association Garden Plots in Hunters Woods
Attendees can also purchase the perennial of the year — wood betony — at the event.
Photo via Carol Nahorniak