The Northern Virginia Fine Arts Festival, which is now in its 28th year, continues this weekend at Reston Town Center. Artists from around the country will take part in this outdoor festival, which has attracted roughly 30,000 patrons annually.
Donations collected from the festival will go to the Greater Reston Arts Center. The festival is on for 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on tomorrow and Sunday.
A festival party set tomorrow, which includes the 2019 Awards of Excellence, refreshments, entertainment, and more, is for members only. Attendees must be contributing supporters to receive a complimentary invitation to the event.
Tomorrow (May 18)
- Baby Expo (9 a.m. to noon) — Learn about products, childcare resources and fund things to do with the family in this event at Reston Community Center Hunters Woods. The expo is free and open to all.
- Bookworms Club (11 a.m.) — Dive into reading “Pig the Stinky” and “Book hog” at Scrawl Books. Each week, readers explore a new theme and can participate at any time.
- Relay for life of Reston-Herndon (2 p.m.) — Help race money to help the American Cancer Society fight cancer in this annual event, which takes place at South Lakes High School.
- Habitat Heroes (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.) — Volunteers can help remove invasive garlic mustard from the woods and stream banks at Old Trail Drive Natural Area. Spring is the best time to tackle this invasive plant that attacks native trees, ferns and wildflowers.
- On That Note: Brand New Day (7-9 p.m.) — Sterling Playmakers will perform popular songs from musicals at this ticketed event at ArtSpace Herndon.
- Luau on the Lake (1-4 p.m.) — Lake Anne Brew House is hosting what organizers are calling a “fun-filled, luau-themed afternoon” to benefit South Lakes High School’s food pantry. Attendees should bring non-perishable donations. A percentage of proceeds will go directly to the pantry.
- Bringing Art to a New Town (7-9 p.m.) — Artist Pat Macintyre shares her story about her 1970s TV show and how Reston inspired her artwork. The event takes place at the Reston Museum.
Photo by Don Renner
Looking to explore near your home? Discover the offerings of Burke Lake Park in the latest Reston Home Insider.
Herndon is moving toward examining mixed-use possibilities near the pending Herndon Metro station and expects to use money from private landowners to “study” the area. Under the agreement, certain property…
Fairfax County’s logo on the government center (via Machvee/Flickr) For the first time in decades, Fairfax County workers have collective bargaining powers. The county Board of Supervisors passed an ordinance…
Consulting Company to Expand in Reston — IT consulting firm Intact Technology will expand its headquarters in Reston by adding 40 new jobs and investing at least $700,000. The state…