The Reston Historic Trust & Museum’s annual home tour offers residents a chance for a self-guided tour of five private homes. The tour, which runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., also includes a look at VY/Reston Heights and Hunters Woods at Trails Edge, a new retirement community. Registration is open online. Tickets can also be purchased at the museum, Wine Cabinet, Chesapeake Chocolates, and the Greater Reston Arts Center.
A word of advice for those taking part: Roadwork is being done on Reston Parkway, requiring a quick detour. The parkway is open between Wiehle Avenue and Round Pebble lain for local traffic only.
- Diwali Cultural Fair (10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.) — Celebrate the Hindu festival of lights with games, music, food, craft and other activities at Reston Regional Library.
- Reston Newcomers’ Bus Tour (10 a.m. to noon) — Newcomers to Reston are welcome to take part in an open house and bus tour organized by the Reston Association. More information about the tour is available online.
- Book Launch Party (3 p.m.) — Author MK Meredith comes to Scrawl Books for a launch party and a discussion on her new book, “Not Your Usual Boob: The Good, Bad and Wonky of Breast Cancer.” All proceeds from book sales will benefit Runway for the Cure.
- Runway to the Cure (6 p.m.) — The fashion show kicks off at Reston Town Center — with all proceeds benefitting breast cancer research and local women fighting breast cancer. A donation of $25 is suggested.
Sunday (Oct. 20)
- Chess Club for Kids (2-3 p.m.) — Learn openings, tactics and end-game strategies at the club, which is open kids of all ages at Reston Regional Library.
- History of World War II (2-4 p.m.). — Dr. Harry Butowsky of George Mason University continues his six-part lecture series at Reston Regional Library.
Photo courtesy Charlotte Geary Photography
The skeletal remains of Michael Delaney, the Reston man who went missing from Reston Hospital in May 2020, have been found in the Sugarland Run area, Fairfax County police confirmed….
One of the two residential towers planned for the Faraday Park development near the Wiehle-Reston East Metro station is now open to residents. Move-ins for 242-unit Faraday West tower officially…
Open houses this weekend include a 4 BD/2.5 BA home on a large lot with a swimming pool.
Reston Community Center has announced the lineup its 2021-22 Professional Touring Artist Series. After a truncated season with limited audiences last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the series will…