The 10th annual Washington West Film Festival continues through Monday with special screenings at Bow Tie Cinemas in Reston Town Center.
The festival showcases films from around the world. Tomorrow’s schedules include a panel discussion about the process of independent filmmaking at 10 a.m.
The schedule for tomorrow (Saturday) is below and tickets for each screening can be purchased online:
- 11:15 a.m.: Shorts Program, Get Creative
- Noon: Campesino
- 1:45 p.m.: Shorts Program, the Power of Art
- 3 p.m.: The Good, The Bad, The Hungry
- 4:45 p.m.: Shorts Program, Greener Grasses
- 5:45 p.m.: Burden, 17 Blocks
- 7:45 p.m.: Shorts Program, Breakthrough
The event on Saturday concludes with an annual party at the Reston Town Center pavilion.
The complete schedule is available online. All net box office proceeds help address issues like hunger and illness, according to the festival’s website.
- Halloween Face Painting (1-3 p.m.) — Try on a festive look at Reston Regional Library. The event is open for all ages.
- Reston Friends Jigsaw Puzzle Sale (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.) — Puzzle books, games, and jigsaw puzzles are available for sale at Reston Regional Library.
- Halloween Movie (11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.) — Enjoy a screening of E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial at Reston Regional Library. Attendees can also enjoy popcorn and hot cocoa.
- Halloween Family Day (Noon to 2. p.m.) — Come dressed in your favorite custom and enjoy family-friendly performances. The event is free. Children must be accompanied by an adult guardian.
- Trick or Treat at Reston Town Center (Noon to 4 p.m.) — Kids who wear costumes can get free treats at the town center.
Sunday (Oct. 27)
- History of World War II (2-4 p.m.) — Dr. Harry Butowsky of George Mason University continues his six-part lecture series on the history of the war.
Photo via Washington West Film Festival
The Kensington Reston Open House Weekend Spring is in full bloom and we’re celebrating the sunshine! Join us for our Open House Weekend at The Kensington Reston for a peek…
The weekend is almost here. Before you hop on a bicycle and hit the nearest trail, or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news…
A new business has opened up shop at Comstock’s Reston Station plaza near the Wiehle-Reston Metro Station. Scissors & Scotch opened in mid-April, bringing grooming services and a fully-stocked bars…
Fairfax County Public Schools didn’t get all the money it wanted, but its next budget still has room to address some key priorities, including staff compensation and efforts to reduce…