With the holiday season approaching, organizations are setting up campaigns to help those in need.
The Reston Community Center teamed up with the Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce and Cornerstones to collect food and basic necessities, while Food For Neighbors is sponsoring an online fundraiser to provide meals for those struggling with food insecurity.
Under the RCC, there are more than a dozen locations where people can drop off non-perishable items, including food, paper towels, plastic bins and hygiene items.
They are looking for food items that are unopened, unused and unexpired, including coffee, tea, canned products, oatmeal, dry beans and rice, peanut butter, jellies, flour, sugar, condiments and cooking oil.
Volunteers can sign up online to sort the items.
Below, is a list of locations where people can drop off new items.
- RCC Hunters Woods (2310 Colts Neck Road)
- RCC Lake Anne (1609-A N. Washington Plaza)
- Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce (1886 Metro Center Drive, Suite 230)
- Atlantic Union Bank (1800 Robert Fulton Drive, Suite 105)
- Hunter Mill District Office (1801 Cameron Glen Drive)
- Guide Post Montessori Herndon (13251 Woodland Park Road)
- Long and Foster Realtors (2100 Reston Pkwy, Suite 102)
- Reston Association — HQ (12001 Sunrise Valley Drive)
- Reston Associaton — Central Services Facility (12250 Sunset Hills Road)
- Reston Association — Walker Nature Center (11450 Glade Drive)
- State Farm Insurance (11868 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 200)
- Tall Oaks Assisted Living (12052 North Shore Drive)
- The Harrison at Reston Town Center (1800 Jonathan Way)
- Washington Hilton Dulles (13869 Park Center Road)
- YMCA Fairfax County Reston (12196 Sunset Hills Road)
Photo via Facebook
A new exhibit at Tephra Institute of Contemporary Art in Reston is set to highlight how great art can still be created even in the midst of intense political and…
Fairfax County’s COVID-19 case levels remain well below the worst days of the pandemic, but their rapid rise over the past month is enough to set off alarm bells, threatening…
The latest Legal Insider explains how a medical professional could help you with security clearance.
Monday, July 26 Pleibol & Food (6:45 p.m.) — Baseball and food go hand-in-hand. Join the National Museum of American History for an event centered around their new exhibit, highlighting…