The first-ever Herndon WinterMarkt kicks off tomorrow, bringing European holiday festivities to the Herndon Depot Museum from noon to 8 p.m. There are also plenty of local options to take photos with Santa through the end of the year.
- Handmade Holiday Ornaments (1-2:30 p.m. ) — Make holiday ornaments at this workshop with staff the Greater Reston Arts Center. The workshop is $10 for Restonians and $20 for all others.
- Balloon Twister (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.) — Enjoy Mike’s and Marsha’s balloon hats, giant birds, and other balloon creations at Reston Regional Library.
- Reston Holiday Open House (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.) — Join staff at Reston Regional Library to celebrate the holiday season with light refreshments, music, entertainment and fun.
- The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (1 p.m.) — Rhythm Street Dance performs at Reston Town Center in front of the ice skating pavilion.
- Reston Town Center Holiday Performances (Noon, 1 p.m., 3 p.m.) — The Northern VA Ukelele Society, the Northern VA Ensemble, and Rich Landers, are set to perform during three separate timings at Reston Town Center’s promenade.
- Mini-train Rides (Noon to 4 p.m.) — Enjoy mini-train rides at Reston Town Center. A suggested donation of $5 per person is appreciated.
Photo via Facebook