The last holiday festivities of the season will wrap-up with the Post-Holiday Ugly Sweater Fundraiser Party on Jan. 4.
People are invited to come and bring non-perishable food for the South Lakes High Food Pantry to the Lake Ann Brew House (11401 North Shore Drive). The event is set to run from 1-4 p.m., and people are encouraged to dress in their festive sweaters.
Every drink purchased will donate a dollar to the cause.
Tomorrow (Jan. 4)
- Lake Anne Brew House Saturday Beer Run (9:45 a.m.) — People are welcome to gather in front of Lake Anne Brew House (11424 W. Washington Plaza) and run, jog or walk a lap or two before meeting at the brewhouse for beer, coffee and breakfast pretzels.
- Winter Bird Count (7 a.m. until 2 p.m.) — At the Walker Nature House (11450 Glade Drive), people can join in the effort to count local birds and enjoy a free lunch. This event is for adults only, and people are asked to register.
- Herndon Community Center Open House (7 a.m. until 6 p.m.) — The Herndon Community Center will celebrate its 40th anniversary with free admission all day. There will be activities for all ages between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Sunday (Jan. 5)
- Tea Time (1 and 4 p.m.) — This monthly event invites people to the Elden Tea Shop (714 Pine Street) to enjoy tea, scones and pastries. Tickets are $18.50.
- Sunday Funday (1-4 p.m.) — The Reston Regional Library (11925 Bowman Towne Drive) will host events for kids and their families. Though activities vary, families can expect to participate in either crafts, a scavenger hunt or another project for kids ages 5-12.