The Reston Rotary Rise Against Hunger fundraising event this Saturday will donate meals to kids and families in need.
People are invited to pack meals alongside Rotary members at Aldrin Elementary School (11375 Center Harbor Road) from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. Anyone interested can sign up online for a shift or donate if they are unable to attend.
Once the goal of 10,000 meals is met, extra funds will ensure that kids in the area have the winter clothes they need, help the Reston Community Orchestra, assist kids with scholarships and send books to students in Nyeri, Kenya.
- Make Shift Happen: The Storytellers Experience (10 a.m. to 9 p.m.) — This day-long event invites people to learn about themselves and become better storytellers. This event takes place at The Lake House (11450 Baron Cameron Avenue) and includes meditation, guest speakers, trust workshops and more. General admission tickets are $200.
- Jazz (6:30 p.m) — Watch a live performance by pianist Caleb Nei at the Lake Anne Coffee House and Wine Bar (1612 N. Washington Plaza). This event is free and open to the public.
- Tween Dodgeball (5 to 9 p.m.) — Kids ages 9-12 are welcome to get some exercise at Life Time Athletic (1757 Business Center Drive). Everyone will be placed in a bracket and encouraged to compete.
Sunday (Jan. 12)
- Kickstart your Sweatlife 2020 (8 to 10 a.m.) — Reston Town Center Lululemon is hosting workouts and goal setting events for patrons. People are welcome to gather and take a run with instructors Brian and Erica. This event is free and open to the public.
- 2 Silos Brewing Co. Tasting (noon to 3 p.m.) — Try some beer from 2 Silos Brewing Co. at Safeway (11120 S. Lakes Drive) including Citralicious and Cream Ale brews. There will be giveaways available for attendees.
- Sunday Afternoon Dance (2:30 to 4 p.m.) — The Reston Community Center welcomes people of all skill levels to enjoy an afternoon of cha-cha, swing, waltz or foxtrot dancing. Admission is $5 for Reston residents and $10 for others. Admission includes a short lesson, refreshments and door prizes.
Image via Rotary Club of Reston/Facebook
Before we head into another weekend of changing expectations for wearing masks, let’s take a look back at the biggest stories on the site in recent days. Remains of missing Restonian…
The Reston Town Center Association is among the five honorees selected by ArtsFairfax for its 2021 Arts Awards, an annual celebration of Fairfax County’s arts community. ArtsFairfax, a nonprofit that…
Thank you for subscribing and your continued support of local news.
Reston has seen a noticeable uptick in development over the past half-decade, just as local officials hoped with the arrival of Metro’s Silver Line, but between the multitude of projects…