A fire at a home in Herndon displaced two residents yesterday (Wednesday).
Fairfax County Fire and Rescue personnel brought the fire under control on the 1500 block of Millikens Bend Road around 2:11 p.m. that day.
A resident who was home at the time discussed the fire on a stovetop. Fire investigators believe the fire started in the kitchen after cooking oil ignited and spread to nearby combustibles.
The fire caused $255,675 in damages. A dog that resided in the home died during the incident.
Photo via Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department
A mural on the side of the Quality Inn on Fordson Road in Groveton (staff photo by Brandi Bottalico) Motorcyclist Dies Falling from I-495 — “An Alexandria motorcyclist was killed…
This is a sponsored column by attorneys John Berry and Kimberly Berry of Berry & Berry, PLLC, an employment and labor law firm located in Northern Virginia that specializes in federal…
The Fairfax Health District reported a small uptick in COVID-19 cases over the past week, while the availability of vaccines for the area’s youngest residents expanded. With more than 500…
For the second time in the past month, Reston Association’s Board of Directors has appointed a new board member — a process that is typically conducted with a member-driven election….