Herndon House Fire Displaces Two Residents

A fire at a home in Herndon displaced two residents yesterday (Wednesday).

Fairfax County Fire and Rescue personnel brought the fire under control on the 1500 block of Millikens Bend Road around 2:11 p.m. that day.

A resident who was home at the time discussed the fire on a stovetop. Fire investigators believe the fire started in the kitchen after cooking oil ignited and spread to nearby combustibles.

The fire caused $255,675 in damages. A dog that resided in the home died during the incident.

Photo via Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department

Recent Stories

Owners of six Woofie’s franchises in Northern Virginia are hosting a “Paws in the Park” pet adoption event tomorrow (Saturday) at Wolf Trap National Park. Participating Woofie’s include Reston/Herndon, Ashburn-Leesburg,…

A Fairfax Connector bus to Tysons (staff photo by James Jarvis) The Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) has the green light to apply for a federal grant to replace…

Morning Notes

The splash pad at the Mosaic District in Merrifield has been turned on (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Congress Approves More National Airport Flights — “More long-haul flights are coming…

Fairfax County’s annual Summer Entertainment Series will kick off on June 1 (via Fairfax County Park Authority/Twitter) The Fairfax County Park Authority has composed a slate of summer shows, including…

×

Subscribe to our mailing list