“The Diary of Anne Frank” is playing at the Reston Community Center this weekend.
The production by the Reston Community Players walks the audience through the life of a 13-year old girl who hid from the Nazis during the Holocaust, according to the event description.
“This powerful new adaptation captures the claustrophobic realities of their daily existence while Anne’s transcendent spirit is revealed as she voices her belief, ‘in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart,'” the event page said.
Showtimes take place on 8 p.m. March 6-7 at CenterStage (2310 Colts Neck Road), the website said. The sold-out Sunday matinee will begin at 2 p.m.
Tickets can be purchased online.
Tomorrow (March 7)
- Veronneau in the Wine Room (6:30-9:30 p.m.) — Lynn Veronneau and Ken Avis will be performing multi-cultural jazz at Lake Anne Coffee House & Wine Bar (1612 Washington Plaza). Reservations can be made by calling 703-481-9766.
- Babysitting Class (11 a.m. until noon) — This event will help teenagers learn how to take care of kids while babysitting. Ages 12-14 are welcome to attend the free event at PM Pediatrics (905 Herndon Parkway).
- ZUMBA Spring Fling (9-10:30 a.m.) — Herndon Community Center (814 Ferndale Ave) is hosting a Zumba fundraiser to benefit Parks & Recreation Scholarship Fund, which helps subsidize summer camps. People over the age of 16 are welcome, and tickets are $10. The class will be taught by instructors and there will be refreshments and door prizes, according to the event page.
Sunday (March 8)
- Reston 10 Miler (8-10 a.m.) — Runners in the area can gather at South Lakes High School (11400 South Lakes Drive) for a competitive race. Awards will be given out for the first few people to complete the course. Online registration starts are $50.
- Why Native Plants (4-5 p.m.) — Certified Virginia Master Gardener Elisa Meara will be at the Green Fare Organic Cafe (408 Elden Street) to host a workshop about native plants that locals can integrate into their own gardens this summer. Tickets are free and those interested can register online.
Photo via Reston Community Players/Facebook
U.S., Virginia and Fairfax County flags blow in wind (staff photo by Jay Westcott) The time to get any patio furniture and other loose, outdoor objects inside is now. At…
The annual Tour de Hunter Mill bicycle ride returns to Reston next month (courtesy Lisa Connors) The third annual Tour de Hunter Mill will return to Reston in May. Participants…
A Silver Line train at the McLean Metro station (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The final touches on the first phase of the Silver Line project that brought Metro into…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. It’s that time of year again…