Fairfax County Public Schools is expanding the number of grab-and-go sites and adding several pop-up options throughout the county.
Students can pick up breakfast from 8-10:30 a.m. and lunch from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at one of the 39 sites in the county. The service is intended for students that rely on free and reduced price school meals and is also open to county children under 18. Adults can also purchase meals for $2.
On Wednesday (March 18), the county announced that its food truck will travel to nine pop-up sites in the county. The truck is expected to swing by South Lakes High School between 11-11:30 a.m.
Beginning today (Thursday), school buses will also deliver meals along some bus routes by stopping at designated intersections. The schedule is available online.
Local grab-and-go sites are below:
- Herndon Elementary School (630 Dranesville Road)
- Dogwood Elementary School (12300 Glade Drive)
- Hutchison Elementary School (13209 Parcher Avenue)
- Forest Edge Elementary School (1501 Becontree Lane)
- Coates Elementary School (2460 River Burch Road)
Photo via FCPS