We’ve rounded up what we know so far about these hours, although some grocers have not defined the age minimum for being classified as a senior.
Here’s the latest update on specialized shopping hours for seniors and high-risk people:
- Balducci’s Food Lover’s Market: First hour of shopping every day
- Target: First hour of shopping on Wednesdays
- Giant: Individuals who are age 60 or above and people with compromised immune systems between 6-7 a.m.
- Safeway (Hunters Woods and South Lakes Village Centers): Between 7-9 a.m. on Tuesday and Thursday, according to store representatives
- Walgreens: Tuesdays from 8-9 a.m., also open to caregivers and immediate families
- Trader Joe’s: Mondays from 9-10 a.m.
- Whole Foods Market: The location at 11660 Plaza America Drive opens at 8 am., but guests age 60 and above can shop at 7 a.m.
- Though MOM’s Organic Market in Herndon isn’t hosting specialized hours yet, a store staffer said that headquarters is considering options to keep shoppers safe.
- Sprouts Farmers Market in Herndon does not have special hours, a customer service representative said.
We’ll update this list as we hear from more local businesses about next steps.
Ashley Hopko contributed reporting
Photo by cbreezy