Local residents looking to get their farmers market fix and support small businesses can do so beginning next month.
Reston Farmers Market will return to the parking lot at Lake Anne Village Center on May 9 from 8 a.m. to noon. The Fairfax County Park Authority approved the opening of the market this week.
Organizers say the market will have a very different look and feel due to the COVID-19 public health emergency. Layout stands will be spread out in order to practice social distancing at the parking lot (1609 Washington Plaza-W).
The following new rules are expected to be implemented:
- Do not enter if sick
- Keep at least six feet apart from other people
- Everyone should wear a face mask or other facial covering
- No pets are allowed
- One customer at a stall at a time
- Do not touch products and surfaces. Vendors should manage bag purchases
- No on-site eating of purchases or sampling
- Payment by credit or debit card preferred
- Do not linger. Try to complete shopping as quickly as possible
- Leave by designated exits only
“It will be important that all customers adhere to them in order to assure that the Reston Farmers Market be permitted to stay open to serve you and to protect the health and safety of everyone in the market,” said John Lovaas, co-market manager.
Opening dates for other farmers market in Fairfax County have not been determined, but are expected soon.