Fire Set Off by Fireworks in Herndon House

Improperly discarded fireworks caused nearly $80,000 in damages to a Herndon home on Sunday (June 13). 

No injuries were reported at the home on the 13100 block of Rounding Run Circle.

According to the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department, the fire started in the garage where fireworks were improperly discarded.

The fire department is encouraging residents to dispose fireworks using the same procedure for fireplace ashes. Fireworks should be placed in a metal container, doused with water, and covered with a metal lid away from the house. 

Four residents, who were home at the time, were displaced due to the incident. The fire was largely limited to the attached garage.

This is the second fire this year caused by improper disposal of fireworks.

Photos via FCFRD

Recent Stories

This is a sponsored column by attorneys John Berry and Kimberly Berry of Berry & Berry, PLLC, an employment and labor law firm located in Northern Virginia that specializes in federal…

The Fairfax Health District reported a small uptick in COVID-19 cases over the past week, while the availability of vaccines for the area’s youngest residents expanded. With more than 500…

For the second time in the past month, Reston Association’s Board of Directors has appointed a new board member — a process that is typically conducted with a member-driven election….

Local police are investigating an incident of arson and graffiti that occurred at St. John Neumann Catholic Community Church in Reston yesterday (Sunday). The graffiti, which was found at the…

×

Subscribe to our mailing list