A dense fog advisory is in effect for most of the area until 11 a.m. today (Friday).
Here’s more from the National Weather Service:
* WHAT…Visibility one-quarter or less in dense fog.
* WHERE…Portions of central, northern and northeastern
* WHEN…Until 11 AM EDT this morning.
* IMPACTS…Hazardous driving conditions due to low visibility.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Please reduce your speed and allow yourself additional distance between you and the vehicle in front of you.
NWS encourages residents to use their headlines if driving and leave plenty of distance between vehicles.
Photo via vantagehill/Flickr