Town of Herndon is preparing for new architectural surveys, procedure guides and more for its Heritage Preservation Program.
Next Thursday (Oct. 29) the town’s consultants will host a virtual meeting to discuss updates to the program that includes new district guidelines, according to the town’s press release.
- Clearer factors for assessing building modifications, new construction and moving or demolishing a building
- Definitions for “contributing” and “non-contributing” buildings
- Meeting schedule change
- New architectural surveys
- Creation of uniform sign standards
- More administrative approval of minor changes
- Creation of procedure guides
- District awareness campaign Expand training opportunities
The Heritage Preservation Program is designed to provide “a mechanism to ensure conservation of the town’s traditional neighborhoods and older commercial structures, providing a community identify apart from the suburban growth of the urbanizing region,” the website said.
Residents can register for the meeting through the Town’s Meeting Webcast page, once it is available.
Questions and comments will also be accepted next Thursday (Oct. 29) though the chat function.
Photo via Town of Herndon