The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Reston area.
We’ve searched the web for events of note in Reston, Herndon and Great Falls. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Monday (Nov. 16)
- Thanksgiving Food Drive (November 1-23) — Patrons, businesses, and organizations are encouraged to drop off non-perishable food and other items at Reston Community Center Hunters Woods (2310 Colts Neck Road) and Lake Anne facilities, the Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce, and a variety of other drop-off points throughout the community, the website said. View this link to see the most needed items.
Tuesday (Nov. 17)
- Herndon Teen Book Club (Online) – 6:30-7:30 p.m. – Discussing Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi, the group will meet via Zoom. Club members should call the Herndon Library (768 Center S.) during the Curbside Pickup times (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.) to have staff check out and set aside your copy or visit the branch, the website said. To register, use this link.
Wednesday (Nov. 18)
- Reston Farmers Market – 3-7 p.m. at St. John Neumann Church (11900 Lawyers Road) – The farmers market offers a variety of fresh fruits, vegetables, charcuterie, sausages, bread and prepared food, the website said.
Thursday (Nov. 19)
- Meet the Artists – 2:15-3:30 p.m. at Reston Community Center (2310 Colts Neck Road) — Beverly Cosham and her musician friends collaborate to perform their favorite songs, the website said. To register, use this link.
Saturday (Nov. 21)
- Scotch Whisky Tasting – 3-5 p.m. at Colvin Run Mill (10017 Colvin Run Road) – The cost is $45 per person. Participants will learn about the ancient history of Scotch whisky and the fine art of making and tasting it, the website said. To register, use this link.
Photo via Fairfax County
A portable mini golf course at Fairfax Corner (staff photo by Jay Westcott) State Senate Candidate Almost Fired by FCPD — “Republican state Senate candidate Bill Woolf, who is running in…
Downtown Herndon is slated for redevelopment into a mixed-use community (staff photo by Fatimah Waseem) The redevelopment of downtown Herndon — a long-delayed partnership between the Town of Herndon and…
Altria Group’s headquarters in Richmond (courtesy Altria Group Inc.) Fairfax County Public Schools will receive money to support student wellness after settling its portion of a class action lawsuit against…
County planners and consultants meet with Lake Anne Residential Condominium Association members to discuss the future of Lake Anne (courtesy Hunter Mill District Office) Planning efforts to determine an economic…