We’re counting down the top 20 most-read articles of 2020 this week. Here’s the rundown for #15-10.
15. When the pandemic first hit locally, a parishioner defied self-quarantine rules and golfed in Reston.
14. Best Buy shuttered its doors permanently in The Spectrum at Reston Town Center.
13. After a data entry error, the results of the Herndon mayoral and town council races shifted dramatically.
12. The county began easing some COVID-19 restrictions in May as part of the state’s reopening phase.
11. The county reported a continued COVID-19 rise as the state hit a new high in the beginning of November.
10. A bear was spotted in Reston, prompting some local intrigue and alarm.
Check back tomorrow for the final countdown.
Image via Google Maps
Before we head into a weekend, let’s take a look back at the biggest stories on the site in recent days. Pet of the Week: Bear who, after living outside…
Construction on a new pedestrian bridge over Wiehle Avenue is set to begin sometime next summer. The bridge, which would connect to the Washington & Old Dominion Trail, is intended…
Zoomph, a Reston-based tech company that started in 2016 is continuing to build national partnerships. Its digital platform provides social media post metrics for sports clients along with detailed demographic…
For anyone who feels strongly about whether or not Lee Highway and Lee-Jackson Memorial Highway should continue to bear those names, the time to share that opinion has arrived. The…