The First Responders Council of the Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce delivered meals to first responders during the holidays.
The annual drive, which has been in effect for the last 11 years, raised more than $6,000 for more than 500 meals in Reston last month. Food was purchased from local restaurants that are struggled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
‘Now more than ever the restaurants and First Responders are deservingly soaking up any bit of support from the community,’ GRCC wrote in a statement.
In previous years, food was donated by restaurant instead of being purchased.
Drive sponsors included the following :
- Dave & JoAnne Adams Group – Coldwell Bank Realty
- CST Group CPAs, PC
- Thompson Hospitality
- Chick-Fil-A – North Point Village
- Force Security Services, LLC
- Offit Kurman
- BluePrint Financial Group
- Pineapple Payments
- Edward Jones Investments – Gene Summerlin
- Maggie Parker
- Huey & Associates
- Fatech International
- Katherine & John Deming
- Ellen & Mike Jennings
- Allen & Jennifer Herzberg