On Friday, Girl Scouts troops will start selling cookies in-person at least eight locations between Herndon and Reston.
For those looking to stay home, Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital is also offering online cookie sales, which will be delivered through the Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital chapter. Online sales began on Monday.
Here are the locations for Reston and Herndon, according to the Girl Scouts’ cookie finder:
- Ledo Pizza (2254 Hunter’s Woods Plaza)
- Starbucks (11170 South Lakes Drive)
- Dunkin’ Donuts (2280 Hunter’s Woods Plaza)
- Flippin’ Pizza (11130 South Lakes Drive)
- CVS (11680 Plaza America Drive)
- Starbucks (1857 Fountain Drive)
- Food Lion (3059 Centreville Road)
- Lucia’s Italian Ristorante (2531 John Milton Drive)
Most of the booths will be out on weekends, with some also selling cookies on Fridays. The cookie finder lists dates next to all locations.
All cookie sales end March 14.
“This year we had a decrease [in in-person booths], but of course, Girl Scouts have found a way,” said Tygerian Burke, the marketing and communications manager for Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital.
Buying cookies online works like this:
- Customers can type their zip code into the cookie finder and find local troops selling cookies virtually. Each time the page loads, it will feature a different virtual booth.
- When customers click the link corresponding to the troop of their choice, the link will take them to a page with a description of what the sales will go toward and directions for buying the cookies.
- The cookies can be shipped to the customer’s house or to someone else as a donation.
The Girl Scouts are also having cookies delivered via GrubHub, a promotion that started in the D.C. area on Thursday, Burke said. Drivers can deliver cookies to homes within a 25-minute radius of where a scout or troop is located, which in D.C. traffic, will mean varying distances, she added.
She advised checking social media for Facebook Live promotions of GrubHub deliveries throughout the month-and-a-half of sales.
Burke said some troops within the council are setting up drive-through locations as well as signs with QR codes linking to their personalized virtual booth pages.
Girl Scouts are selling Thin Mints, Samoas, Trefoils, Do-si-dos and Tagalongs — as well as a new cookie called Lemon-Ups — for $5 a box. Two specialty cookies, S’mores and Toffee-tastics, go for $6 a box.
Image via Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital
A shortage of seasonal workers has the Fairfax County Park Authority straining to stay afloat at the time of year when many of its facilities — from swimming pools to…
A company representative did not immediately return a request for comment. Photo via Midtown Jewelers/Facebook News Read more…
Peaceful Mind Solutions Finally, a therapist who has time for you. Those who have tried to find counseling in the last two years may have discovered that therapists are overwhelmed…
Fairfax County is considering making all existing and future development built to lessen flooding risks from huge, 100-year event storms, as opposed to a 10-year storm. The risk of flooding…