Monday, April 26
- Life’s Decisions Using Beatle Songs (6:45 p.m.) — Have you ever made a big life decision using a Beatle song as a guide? Economist Brian O’Roark has. Join O’Roark and Smithsonian Associates for this one-of-kind presentation about how the Fab Five can help you plan for retirement.
Tuesday, April 27
- Life of Chuck Robb (6 p.m) — While most Virginians know Robb as a former governor and senator, he’s also the son-in-law of former President Lyndon B. Johnson. In this virtual event with the bookstore Politics & Prose, Robb will discuss his career and his new memior.
Wednesday, April 28
- Lunch Bunch (11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.) — Lunch bunch is back at North Hills Recreation Area. Take your lunch outside, grab a seat at a picnic table, and be prepared to meet new friends (at a socially acceptable distance, of course).
Thursday, April 29
- The Removed (7-8 p.m.) — Meet author Brandon Hobson as he discusses his book “The Removed.” The book interweaves Cherokee folklore and was a National Book Award finalist in 2018. The event is being put on by Arlington’s One More Page, where you can purchase a signed copy, and Fairfax County Public Library.
- Herndon Farmers Market (8 a.m.-12:30 p.m.) — It’s finally farmers market season again. A slew of local farmers markets are opening up in April and May. Herndon’s opened last week and is located at the 700 block of Lynn Street on Thursdays.
Friday, April 30
- Emergency Equine Care Seminar (7 p.m.) — Learn how to take care of your horse when emergencies happen. Head to Frying Pan Park and hear from Dr. Laurel Marley of Burdick Equine Veterinary Services about procedures, medicines, and care one can provide their horse when there’s an emergency.
Saturday, May 1
- 2021 Healthy Strides 5k/10k (8 a.m.) — Pick your route, your race time, and your favorite Fairfax County park for this virtual 5k, 10k, or kids stride. Everyone who signs up will receive a commemorative race t-shirt.
- Birds of Prey Kayaking (12-2:30 p.m.) — Paddle out at Pohick Bay in Lorton with Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority naturalists to catch birds of prey in action. This is a perfect time of the year to see bald eagles and osprey catching fish, nesting, and flying around local waterways.
Sunday, May 2
- Joy of Creating (12 p.m.) — Take a gander at work from students and teachers at Reston Community Center at this newly-opened and annual exhibit in the Jo Ann Rose Gallery at the Reston Community Center (2310 Colts Neck Rd.).
Photo via Town of Herndon