Grab a blanket or chairs, and prepare to settle in for some Movies in the Park, courtesy of Reston Association.
There are five additional movies planned throughout the year, with the last showing coming on Sept. 10. The location of the screenings will also rotate around the area. The remaining movies are:
- May 22: “The Great Outdoors” — movie starts at 8:30 p.m. at Lake Newport Soccer Field
- June 11: “Croods: New Age” — movie starts at 8:45 p.m. at Brown’s Chapel
- July 16: “Honey, I Shrunk the Kids” — movie starts at 8:45 p.m. at Quartermaster – Gary Braithwaite Field
- 20: “Wreck It Ralph” — movie starts at 8:30 p.m. at Hook Road Recreation Area
- 10: “Raiders of the Lost Ark” — movie starts at 7:45 p.m. at Hunters Woods Park
Doors to each event will open 45 minutes before the start of the movie.
Available to both RA members and non-members via RA’s website, tickets for each movie cost $8 for adult RA members and $5 for children, 3 years old and up, for RA members. For non-members, adult tickets are $10 each and kids are $6. Entry is free for children under 3.
Screenings will be cancelled in the event of rain or the threat of rain. If RA cancels an event, it will issue refunds. If a ticket holder wishes to cancel, they must cancel 72 hours in advance to receive a refund.
COVID-19 precautions will be in place at the events. A limited number of participants will be allowed to attend each movie. A six-foot distancing rule will be in place, and face masks are required when moving about the site.
Concessions will be available for purchase on site.
Image via Reston Association