The Kensington Reston is proud to partner with Insight Memory Care Center to host RECONNECTIONS, an engagement program of activities, recreation, peer support and socialization for individuals showing early signs of memory loss.
The Kensington Day Club is exclusively for older adults experiencing mild cognitive impairment or early-stage dementia. The program will be held in-person, Sept. 21 to Nov. 12, 2021, on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at The Kensington Reston.
Experienced memory care professionals will lead small-group activities that enable participants to:
- Maintain their current level of cognitive ability
- Express themselves through creative endeavors
- Develop a sense of purpose and belonging
- Enhance intellectual, emotional and physical well-being by moving the body
- Improve connection with themselves through reﬂection
- Engage with peers safely and with support
- Learn, adjust and reinforce knowledge and skills with non-judgmental assistance.
The Kensington Day Club offers comfort and relief to members and gives caregivers time to recharge.
For more information and/or to reserve your spot, please visit: The Kensington Day Club — The Kensington Reston.
The oncoming train of the Silver Line extension is spurring a major planning initiative within the Town of Herndon. With the Herndon-Monroe Metro station expected to begin service in the…
A mural on the side of the Quality Inn on Fordson Road in Groveton (staff photo by Brandi Bottalico) Motorcyclist Dies Falling from I-495 — “An Alexandria motorcyclist was killed…
This is a sponsored column by attorneys John Berry and Kimberly Berry of Berry & Berry, PLLC, an employment and labor law firm located in Northern Virginia that specializes in federal…
The Fairfax Health District reported a small uptick in COVID-19 cases over the past week, while the availability of vaccines for the area’s youngest residents expanded. With more than 500…