The Kensington Reston is proud to partner with Insight Memory Care Center to host RECONNECTIONS, an engagement program of activities, recreation, peer support and socialization for individuals showing early signs of memory loss.
The Kensington Day Club is exclusively for older adults experiencing mild cognitive impairment or early-stage dementia. The program will be held in-person, Sept. 21 to Nov. 12, 2021, on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at The Kensington Reston.
Experienced memory care professionals will lead small-group activities that enable participants to:
- Maintain their current level of cognitive ability
- Express themselves through creative endeavors
- Develop a sense of purpose and belonging
- Enhance intellectual, emotional and physical well-being by moving the body
- Improve connection with themselves through reﬂection
- Engage with peers safely and with support
- Learn, adjust and reinforce knowledge and skills with non-judgmental assistance.
The Kensington Day Club offers comfort and relief to members and gives caregivers time to recharge.
For more information and/or to reserve your spot, please visit: The Kensington Day Club — The Kensington Reston.
Reston Association is turning to the public to guide the future of the Shadowood Recreation Area. The area, which is on Springwood Drive, houses an aging 20-meter pool that has…
County to Deploy Mobile COVID-19 Testing — The county is deploying a mobile lab to provide testing in several locations beginning tomorrow. Individuals who have COVID-19 symptoms can get tested….
Before we head into a weekend, let’s take a look back at the biggest stories on the site in recent days. Reston Vietnam vet discovers his old helicopter at Smithsonian…
Despite a few days’ delay, Red Velvet Bakery and Little Beast Bistro are now set to open at Reston Town Center West on Saturday (September 18). Initially planning to open…