Introducing The Kensington Day Club, exclusively for older adults experiencing mild cognitive impairment or early-stage dementia. The program will be held in-person, Sept. 21 to Nov. 12, 2021, on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at The Kensington Reston.
Experienced memory care professionals will lead small-group activities that enable participants to:
- Maintain their current level of cognitive ability
- Express themselves through creative endeavors
- Develop a sense of purpose and belonging
- Enhance intellectual, emotional and physical well-being by moving the body
- Improve connection with themselves through reﬂection
- Engage with peers safely and with support
- Learn, adjust and reinforce knowledge and skills with non-judgmental assistance.
The Kensington Day Club offers comfort and relief to members and gives caregivers time to recharge.
For more information and/or to reserve your spot, please visit: The Kensington Day Club — The Kensington Reston.
With the D.C. area’s summer heat in full swing, local organizers worry that there are too few options for unhoused residents in the county to cool down. Last month, the…
A car crashed into a utility pole on the 900 block of Herndon Parkway yesterday (Wednesday) evening, resulting in an ongoing, hours-long road closure. Shortly before 5 p.m., a driver…
Arts agencies from Fairfax County, Arlington and Alexandria are forming a supergroup. Unveiled Monday (Aug. 8), the newly created Northern Virginia Local Arts Agencies (NVLAA) consists of ArtsFairfax, the Alexandria…