The Kensington Reston is proud to partner with Insight Memory Care Center to host RECONNECTIONS, an engagement program of activities, recreation, peer support and socialization for individuals showing early signs of memory loss.
The Kensington Day Club is exclusively for older adults experiencing mild cognitive impairment or early-stage dementia and is held in-person now through Nov. 12 on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at The Kensington Reston.
Experienced memory care professionals will lead small-group activities that enable participants to:
- Maintain their current level of cognitive ability
- Express themselves through creative endeavors
- Develop a sense of purpose and belonging
- Enhance intellectual, emotional and physical well-being by moving the body
- Improve connection with themselves through reﬂection
- Engage with peers safely and with support
- Learn, adjust and reinforce knowledge and skills with non-judgmental assistance
The Kensington Day Club offers comfort and relief to members and gives caregivers time to recharge.
For more information and/or to reserve your spot, please visit The Kensington Day Club website.
Fairfax County set height limits for flag poles, among other changes, with its zoning ordinance modernization in 2021 (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) A day after neighboring Arlington County made…
The Fairfax County Courthouse (staff photo by Jay Westcott) In response to calls for additional legal assistance, Fairfax County is poised to establish a self-help resource center in the library…
Police line up on Route 7 during an armed robbery pursuit (via @notaveryh/Twitter) Police took two people into custody yesterday (Thursday) after a reported armed robbery in Great Falls turned…
A Fairfax County police car (file photo) Police have identified the couple that was found dead in Reston Tuesday (March 21) afternoon in what they say was a murder-suicide. According…