The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events over the next week in the Herndon and Reston area.
We’ve searched the web for events of note. Want to submit a listing? Submit your pitch here!
Monday, Nov. 22
- Tot Time (9:30-10:15 a.m. and 10:30-11:15 a.m.) — Have kids up to age 4 get time to play at Reston Community Center Hunters Woods. Games, toys, books and music are provided. Free. Reservation required.
Tuesday, Nov. 23
- “In Between: Phantom Algorithms Joining Worlds” (9 a.m. to 9 p.m.) — Check out a new art exhibit at Reston Community Center Lake Anne featuring the work of D.C.-based artist David Alexander and his two children. The art will be there through Nov. 28.
Wednesday, Nov. 24
- F2G Bootcamp (6-7 p.m.) — FITNESS2GO gives a class to help burn fat and build muscle. Cost is $22.
Thursday, Nov. 25
- Thanksgiving Run/Walk (9 a.m.) Get together for an informal 5K trail run and 2-mile walk at Lake Fairfax Park. Free.
Friday, Nov. 26
- Holiday Parade & Tree Lighting (11 a.m.) — The annual Reston Holiday Parade’s 30th celebration helps kick off the season with Santa and Mrs. Claus, and the couple will return for a Fountain Square Tree Lighting at 6 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 27
- Best of Foley Academy of Irish Dance 2021 (11-11:30 a.m.) — Watch a compilation video on Zoom of performances from Reston Founder’s Day, the Foley Academy Spring Recital, Reston Multicultural Festival and more. Registration required.
Sunday, Nov. 28
- Holiday Lights on the Farm (5:30-7 p.m.) — View a decorated Frying Pan Farm Park while driving through. Cost is $20 in advance and $25 at the door.
Photo courtesy of Melissa Gifford
Reid says the company plans to “expand on animals, offerings, ethics, and family-friendly adventure,” but declined to comment further. “The architectural renderings planned improvements are still under production. A family-friendly…
The Tysons location you want. The luxurious features and finishes you desire. The thoughtful amenities you deserve. This is Monarch — Tysons’ only new high-rise condominium building — opening Spring…
The Atrium at Worldgate office building in Herndon (via Google Maps) A new economic development hub is officially open in the Town of Herndon. The George Mason Enterprise Center has…
Fairfax County Board of Supervisors Chair Jeff McKay (file photo) Fairfax County’s top priorities for 2023 will be increasing mental health services, boosting police retention, addressing commercial office vacancies, and…
The Ravel Dance Studio will re-open for fall classes 2020. The school will offer in person and virtual online instruction. With over 5000 sq. ft. to social distance the school has added air ionization filtration systems, ballet barres, acrylic dividers, hands free bathrooms, strict monitoring and more.
The Ravel Dance Studio will produce a Nutcracker Ballet Hollywood style video through the Reston Community CenterStage. REGISTRATION online begins August 17.
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.