The weekly planner is a roundup of interesting events over the next week in the Herndon and Reston area.
We’ve searched the web for events of note. Want to submit a listing? Submit your pitch here!
Monday, Nov. 29
- Baby Lapsit — 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. at Great Falls Library — Enjoy songs, stories and more to help build your child’s literacy skills. Registration required.
Tuesday, Nov. 30
- Meadowlark’s Winter Walk of Lights— 5:30-10 p.m. at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens — Enjoy lights and holiday scenes in this annual transformation, which will stick around through Jan. 2. Tickets start at $16.
Wednesday, Dec. 2
- The Sisters — 6-9 p.m. at Lake Anne Coffee House & Wine Bar — An acoustic duo from Fairfax performs a variety of melancholic and upbeat sounds, playing genres that include folk, blues, rock ‘n’ roll and more.
Friday, Dec. 3
- “Every Christmas Story Ever Told (And Then Some!)” — 8 p.m. at NextStop Theatre Co. with recurring performances throughout December — A three-member cast brings together this satirical and irreverent holiday production featuring traditional carols to pop cultural references and of course, Christmas icons ranging from Santa to the Grinch. Tickets start at $25.
Saturday, Dec. 4
- Jingle on the Lake — 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Lake Anne Plaza — An annual staple returns, featuring Santa arriving by boat at noon for pictures, live music and holiday specials from merchants.
Sunday, Dec. 5
- Holiday Arts & Craft Show — 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Herndon Community Center — Over 70 artisans and crafts people will display and sell their handmade work. Free admission and parking.
Dawn at Lake Thoreau in Reston (photo by Terry Baranski) Woman Charged in Bailey’s Crossroads Pedestrian Crash — Yaraliza Rivera Rosado, a 26-year-old Alexandria resident, has been charged with felony…
Sully’s Pour House in Herndon (via Google Maps) The owners of Sully’s Pour House, a gastropub in the Town of Herndon, is disappointed over the handling of prosecution against a…
Jimmy Bierman is running for the seat of Dranesville District supervisor (courtesy Stephen Barrett and Moore Campaigns) The Dranesville District seat on the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors has its…
Reston Association board member Glenn Small resigned late last month (courtesy RA) Reston Association is seeking to fill a vacancy created by the resignation of board member Glenn Small. In…
The Ravel Dance Studio will re-open for fall classes 2020. The school will offer in person and virtual online instruction. With over 5000 sq. ft. to social distance the school has added air ionization filtration systems, ballet barres, acrylic dividers, hands free bathrooms, strict monitoring and more.
The Ravel Dance Studio will produce a Nutcracker Ballet Hollywood style video through the Reston Community CenterStage. REGISTRATION online begins August 17.
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.