The weekly planner is a roundup of interesting events over the next week in the Herndon and Reston area.
We’ve searched the web for events of note. Want to submit a listing? Submit your pitch here!
Monday, Dec. 6
- Meadowlark’s Winter Walk of Lights— 5:30-10 p.m. at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens — Enjoy lights and holiday scenes in this annual transformation, which will stick around through Jan. 2. Tickets start at $16.
Tuesday, Dec. 7
- Bouncin’ Babies — 10:30-11 a.m. online — Sing songs, read stories and enjoy the sounds of a ukulele with this literacy program hosted by Fairfax County Public Library.
Wednesday, Dec. 8
- Chair & Mat Yoga Class — 10-11 a.m. online — A class geared for relaxation makes use of both a yoga mat and chair.
Thursday, Dec. 9
- “The Nutcracker” — 7 p.m. at the CenterStage with performances through Sunday– Reston’s Conservatory Ballet performs this holiday classic. Face masks required. Tickets start at $30.
Friday, Dec. 10
- Critter Caboodle Workshop — 7-8 p.m. at the Walker Nature Center — Create woodland critters using natural materials. Face masks required. The cost starts at $10.
- “Every Christmas Story Ever Told (And Then Some!)” — 8 p.m. at NextStop Theatre Co. with recurring performances throughout December — A three-member cast brings together this satirical and irreverent holiday production featuring traditional carols to pop-cultural references and of course, Christmas icons ranging from Santa to the Grinch. Tickets start at $25.
Saturday, Dec. 11
- Holiday Market — noon to 4 p.m. at the Reston National Golf Course — From photos with Santa to free hot drinks, local vendors, food trucks, music, and more, celebrate the holiday season with this family-friendly event. Free and open to the public.
Sunday, Dec. 12
- Reston Town Center Holiday Performances — 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Promenade — Sing along and enjoy holiday performances by The Beltway Brass Quintet and Reston Chorale.
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. There are so many fun things…
This biweekly column is sponsored by The Mather in Tysons, Virginia, a forward-thinking Life Plan Community for those 62 and better. November — a month containing both Veterans Day and Thanksgiving…
The annual exhibit returns to Reston in early December (courtesy RCC) Reston Community Center will host its 24th annual gifts and shopping exhibit in early December. The Gifts from the…
Curative will operate COVID-19 testing mobile labs at six sites in Fairfax County (courtesy Fairfax County Health Department) Curative is set to shut down all of its public COVID-19 testing…
The Ravel Dance Studio will re-open for fall classes 2020. The school will offer in person and virtual online instruction. With over 5000 sq. ft. to social distance the school has added air ionization filtration systems, ballet barres, acrylic dividers, hands free bathrooms, strict monitoring and more.
The Ravel Dance Studio will produce a Nutcracker Ballet Hollywood style video through the Reston Community CenterStage. REGISTRATION online begins August 17.
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.