The weekly planner is a roundup of interesting events over the next week in the Herndon and Reston area.
We’ve searched the web for events of note. Want to submit a listing? Submit your pitch here!
Monday, Dec. 27
- Baby Lapsit — 10:30-11:15 a.m. at Great Falls Library — Help your baby up to 2 years old learn early literacy skills. Registration required.
Tuesday, Dec. 28
- Terry Pratchett’s Discworld Read-Along Adventure — 7-8 p.m. on Zoom — Discuss a book series with other teens and adults involving the wild planet conceived by author Terry Pratchett.
Wednesday, Dec. 29
- Meadowlark’s Winter Walk of Lights — 5-10 p.m. at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens — Enjoy lights and holiday scenes in this annual transformation, which goes through Jan. 2. Tickets for those ages 2 and over are $18 each.
Thursday, Dec. 30
- Puppet Show – Wild Winter Break — 11:15 a.m. to noon at the Walker Nature Center — A puppet show gives an audience a glimpse about the nature center’s animals. The show features songs and the chance to feel animal feather and fur. Cost starts at $6.
Friday, Dec. 31
- New Year’s Eve Bollywood Bash 2022 — 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. at the Hyatt Regency Dulles — From a belly dancer to a midnight ball drop, ring in the new year with this Bollywood-style party. Tickets start at $175 per adult.
- Carpool’s New Year’s Eve 2022 Pajama Party! — 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. at Carpool in Herndon — Advance tickets, which now start at $100 — include 12 drinks. Designated driver tickets start at $35.
Saturday, Jan. 1
- Watercolor, Pen, Ink and Mixed Media Art Exhibit — running the month of January at Reston Community Center – Lake Anne — A monthlong showing features the work of artists Bob Biedrzycki and Angie Magruder.
Sunday, Jan. 2
- Tinsel! — activities throughout the day at 45425 Holiday Drive in Sterling — Enjoy the last day of events, featuring craft making, a DJ and winter princess singing. Tickets are $22 for adults and $15 for kids ages 3-12.
Photo via Kenneth Lu/Flickr
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. There are so many fun things…
This biweekly column is sponsored by The Mather in Tysons, Virginia, a forward-thinking Life Plan Community for those 62 and better. November — a month containing both Veterans Day and Thanksgiving…
The annual exhibit returns to Reston in early December (courtesy RCC) Reston Community Center will host its 24th annual gifts and shopping exhibit in early December. The Gifts from the…
Curative will operate COVID-19 testing mobile labs at six sites in Fairfax County (courtesy Fairfax County Health Department) Curative is set to shut down all of its public COVID-19 testing…
The Ravel Dance Studio will re-open for fall classes 2020. The school will offer in person and virtual online instruction. With over 5000 sq. ft. to social distance the school has added air ionization filtration systems, ballet barres, acrylic dividers, hands free bathrooms, strict monitoring and more.
The Ravel Dance Studio will produce a Nutcracker Ballet Hollywood style video through the Reston Community CenterStage. REGISTRATION online begins August 17.
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.