The weekly planner is a roundup of interesting events over the next week in the Herndon and Reston area.
We’ve searched the web for events of note. Want to submit a listing? Submit your pitch here!
Monday, Jan. 3
- “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood” — 10 a.m. at the CenterStage — Watch Tom Hanks portray children’s show icon Fred Rogers in this movie based on a true story. Free. Registration required.
Tuesday, Jan. 4
- Weird, Wonderful History for Kids — 4:30-5:15 p.m. virtually — Find out about strange and bizarre facts about the origins of comic books. This teaching series for kids ages 6 through 12 relies on art, games, stories and skill-building exercises. Registration is required.
Wednesday, Jan. 5
- Bilingual Hindi/English Storytime — 10:30-11 a.m. virtually — An event geared for kids ages 3 to 5 will feature songs, rhymes and stories in both Hindi and English. Registration required.
Thursday, Jan. 6
- Lego Club — 4:30-5:30 p.m. at the Herndon Fortnightly Library — Use your imagination and problem-solving skills with other kids ages 5 and up to build Lego creations.
- Open Mic — 7:30 p.m. at The Old Brogue — An event open to all, with sign-ups at 8 p.m.
- Beer Pong — 10 p.m. at Sully’s Pour House — Compete in a tournament, without any entry fee, for a chance to win $100. Sign-ups at 9 p.m.
Friday, Jan. 7
- Pinot’s Palette — 7-9:30 p.m — Enjoy a painting class with beer or wine. Cost is $45.
Saturday, Jan. 8
- Winter Bird Count — 7 a.m. to noon starting at the Walker Nature Center — An annual bird count pairs beginners and experts together to get a pulse on wildlife in the area. Attendees can expect to get tips on identifying species. Register by Wednesday.
Sunday, Jan. 9
It’s going to be a cold and rainy weekend in Fairfax County, thanks to Tropical Storm Ophelia. Tracking to make landfall in North Carolina today (Friday), the storm is expected to reach Northern Virginia tonight.
Reston Station (file photo) Qualtrics, a technology and data research company, has officially opened its doors in Reston. The company, which provides artifical intelligence-driven software to assist businesses with customer…
The Boro in Tysons (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Fairfax County is considering a pilot program to support more murals in its commercial revitalization areas. The pilot program, called Paint…
Jersey Mike’s is set to open at Seneca Corner in Great Falls (courtesy Republic Land Development) Another fast food option will soon be open in Great Falls. Jersey Mike’s Subs…