The weekly planner is a roundup of interesting events over the next week in the Herndon and Reston area.
We’ve searched the web for events of note. Want to submit a listing? Submit your pitch here!
Tuesday, Jan. 18
- Herndon Teen Book Club — 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Herndon Fortnightly Library — Teens will talk about a book, “I’d Rather Be Reading,” by Anne Bogel.
- The Friends of the Reston Regional Library Book Club — 7:30-9 p.m. at the Reston Regional Library — Readers will discussing this month’s selection, “Thank You for Being Late” by Thomas Friedman. Registration required.
Wednesday, Jan. 19
- YMCA Open House — 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. at the YMCA Fairfax County Reston — From workouts to a family swim, check out what the Y’s facility has to offer. Free. Guests asked to RSVP and complete a guest waiver in advance.
Thursday, Jan. 20
- Polynesian Dance Fitness — 6-6:45 p.m. at Herndon Community Center — Get a total body workout with a modern fitness workout inspired by dances from the Pacific Islands and the sounds of Polynesian drums and funky Reggae music. Cost is $24 for Herndon residents and $32 for non-residents.
Friday, Jan. 21
- Moody Blooms — 7-9 p.m. at Pinot’s Palette — Get free wine, beer and cider tastings while you paint. Cost is $39.
Saturday, Jan. 22
- Board Games for Adults — 12-5:30 p.m. at Herndon Fortnightly Library — Enjoy modern board games with other adults.
Sunday, Jan. 23
- Coffee Tasting Basics — 11 a.m. to noon at Aslin Beer Co. — Learn something new about coffee and potentially get a prize. Free.
Photo via Kimberly Farmer/Unsplash
An FCPS employee gets vaccinated against COVID-19 at an Inova clinic in January 2021 (photo by Karen Bolt/Fairfax County Public Schools) Fairfax County is looking for artists to contribute to…
Reston Association (courtesy RA) Reston Association’s Board of Directors filled an at-large seat vacated by board member Glenn Small in November. At a Thursday (Jan. 26) night meeting, the board…
The county’s housing authority has entered into an agreement with Foulger-Pratt (Photo via Fairfax County). A task force will discuss the redevelopment of Reston Town Center North (RTC North) beginning…
Vehicles turn off Route 123 into Tysons Corner Center (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Vienna’s Ilia Malinin Impresses at U.S. Skating Championships — “Even before his leading score of 110.36…
The Ravel Dance Studio will re-open for fall classes 2020. The school will offer in person and virtual online instruction. With over 5000 sq. ft. to social distance the school has added air ionization filtration systems, ballet barres, acrylic dividers, hands free bathrooms, strict monitoring and more.
The Ravel Dance Studio will produce a Nutcracker Ballet Hollywood style video through the Reston Community CenterStage. REGISTRATION online begins August 17.
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.