The weekly planner is a roundup of interesting events over the next week in the Herndon and Reston area.
We’ve searched the web for events of note. Want to submit a listing? Submit your pitch here!
Monday, Jan. 24
- Ice Skating — 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. at Reston Town Center — Students have the day off amid a professional development day for staff, but the ice skating pavilion will be open. Admission starts at $9 for seniors, military members and kids ages 12 and under.
Tuesday, Jan. 25
- Hooray for Horses — 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Loudoun Heritage Farm Museum — Learn about horses, from breeds of work horses to grooming, and get a home activity bag. Cost is $5.
Wednesday, Jan. 26
- Senior Movie Day — 10 a.m. at Bow Tie Cinemas at Reston Town Center — This special showing to audiences ages 55 and up presents the World War II film “Midway.” Doors open at 9:15 a.m. No registration required. Free.
Thursday, Jan. 27
- An Evening with Branford Marsalis — 8 p.m. at The Barns — The Branford Marsalis Quarter, led by a saxophonist from the Marsalis jazz family, performs at Wolf Trap. Tickets start at $68, and doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Friday. Jan. 28
- ’90s Rock Cover Band — 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. at Crafthouse in Reston — Enjoy some craft beer and travel back in time with cover band Waking Napster.
Saturday, Jan. 29
- Reston Summer Camp Expo — 9 a.m. to noon at Reston Community Center Hunters Woods — Learn about Reston-area camps, win door prizes and enjoy hands-on games and crafts. Free.
- Celebrate Lunar New Year with a Lion Dance Performance — Noon to 12:30 p.m. at Herndon Fortnightly Library — The Jow Ga Shaolin Institute, a traditional Chinese martial arts in Herndon, performs this tradition to bring good fortune in the new year.
Sunday, Jan. 30
- Dino and Dragon Stroll — 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Dulles Expo Center — The final day of a weekend event featuring colossal animated dinosaurs and dragons. Cost is $21.99.
Clyde’s of Reston, an American bar and restaurant, will permanently close its doors tomorrow, ending 31 years of business in Reston Town Center. But even as it auctions off iconic…
A Japanese maple tree on Church Street in Vienna (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Heat Raises Risk for Outdoor Activities — “The National Weather Service (NWS) has issued a special weather statement…
Trips on the Dulles Toll Road could get costlier next year. The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority‘s Board of Directors is considering a plan to raise tolls by an average of…
Fairfax County hopes to rely entirely on electric and non-carbon-emitting vehicles by 2035, but projected costs could become an obstacle. While the county government already has electric vehicle charging stations…