The girls team defeated Stone Bridge 202-83; the boys team won 193-90.
“It’s a very nice opening meet with a lot of good swims,” said SLHS coach Scott Brown. “We’ll keep moving people around and see what we can do pressing forward to get people in the best events.”
South Lakes won both the boys and girls 200-yard medley relay, South Lakes placed first. Jair Valenzuela, Tyler Ellis, Bradley Torrington, and Gianmichel D’Alessandro swam for the boys. Natalie Obando, Sabrina Groves, Emily Landeryou, and Caitlyn King swam for the girls.
South Lakes boys swept four events, taking first through third place in the 200 medley relay, the 200 freestyle, the 50 freestyle and the 100 freestyle.
- Sabrina Groves (first), Natalie Obando (second) and Malina Stassinos (third) swept the girls 100 butterfly.
- Mac Sogandares won the 100-yard butterfly and 100 breaststroke and anchored the first-place 400 free relay team with Dylan Hawley, Benjamin Gryski, and Johnny Micka.
- Joseph Hosi won the 200-yard freestyle; was second in the 100-yard butterfly, and anchored the first-place 200 freestyle relay team with D’Alessandro, Conor McBride, and Tyler Hutson. Hutson also won the 50 free .
- Sabrina Groves won both the 100 butterfly and 200 individual medley as well as the 400 free relay with Malina Stassinos, King, and Landeryou.
- Landeryou won individual events – the 100 back and 50 free, while King won the 100 free.
- Paige Sogandares won the 500 free and was second in the 200 free.
- Kalyn Macaluso placed first in 100 breast and anchored the first-place 200 free relay team with Obando, Stassinos, and Katie Degutis.
Submitted by Lyn Fiscus. Have sports scores to report? Send them to [email protected].