The girls team defeated Stone Bridge 202-83; the boys team won 193-90.
“It’s a very nice opening meet with a lot of good swims,” said SLHS coach Scott Brown. “We’ll keep moving people around and see what we can do pressing forward to get people in the best events.”
South Lakes won both the boys and girls 200-yard medley relay, South Lakes placed first. Jair Valenzuela, Tyler Ellis, Bradley Torrington, and Gianmichel D’Alessandro swam for the boys. Natalie Obando, Sabrina Groves, Emily Landeryou, and Caitlyn King swam for the girls.
South Lakes boys swept four events, taking first through third place in the 200 medley relay, the 200 freestyle, the 50 freestyle and the 100 freestyle.
- Sabrina Groves (first), Natalie Obando (second) and Malina Stassinos (third) swept the girls 100 butterfly.
- Mac Sogandares won the 100-yard butterfly and 100 breaststroke and anchored the first-place 400 free relay team with Dylan Hawley, Benjamin Gryski, and Johnny Micka.
- Joseph Hosi won the 200-yard freestyle; was second in the 100-yard butterfly, and anchored the first-place 200 freestyle relay team with D’Alessandro, Conor McBride, and Tyler Hutson. Hutson also won the 50 free .
- Sabrina Groves won both the 100 butterfly and 200 individual medley as well as the 400 free relay with Malina Stassinos, King, and Landeryou.
- Landeryou won individual events – the 100 back and 50 free, while King won the 100 free.
- Paige Sogandares won the 500 free and was second in the 200 free.
- Kalyn Macaluso placed first in 100 breast and anchored the first-place 200 free relay team with Obando, Stassinos, and Katie Degutis.
Submitted by Lyn Fiscus. Have sports scores to report? Send them to [email protected].
The annual Herndon Festival will return in full for 2023 (via Herndon Festival/Instagram) The Herndon Festival will return this year in the summer, bringing back a tradition that was scaled…
A car on Sunrise Valley Drive passes the Innovation Metro station (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Fairfax County is again asking the state for money to offset anticipated reductions in…
COO Larry Butler will retire in the summer after more than 40 years with Reston Association (courtesy RA) Reston Association‘s COO Larry Butler is officially retiring after more than 40…
A woman walks her dog at Lake Anne Plaza (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The President Stops by Springfield — Joe Biden discussed his economic plans yesterday (Thursday) at the…
The Ravel Dance Studio will re-open for fall classes 2020. The school will offer in person and virtual online instruction. With over 5000 sq. ft. to social distance the school has added air ionization filtration systems, ballet barres, acrylic dividers, hands free bathrooms, strict monitoring and more.
The Ravel Dance Studio will produce a Nutcracker Ballet Hollywood style video through the Reston Community CenterStage. REGISTRATION online begins August 17.
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.