The snow has stopped falling. Now: the cold.
About six inches of the white stuff fell in Reston on Tuesday. However, residents who did not dig out yesterday better bundle up today as morning temperatures are in the single digits — even below zero with the wind chill.
Here is what to know today:
Fairfax County Public Schools are closed.
Fairfax County Government offices are open, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
The Federal Government is open but under two-hour delayed arrival. Employees have the option for unscheduled leave or unscheduled telework.
More county agencies:
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Servicesprograms and events visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- All programs at Reston Community Center are canceled today. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, www.restoncommunitycenter.com.
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at www.fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, press 8; TTY 711, or online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
- Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
View the public meetings calendar at for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.
Snow Plow Info
Visit http://www.vdotplows.org to see the status of plowing in Northern Virginia.
For general snow removal information, visit http://www.virginiadot.org/travel/snow.asp
Report unplowed roads, hazardous conditions to [email protected], 800-367-7623, or the Hunter Mill District office, 703-478-0283.
Going out? Tell us about the road conditions in Reston in the comments.
Photo of Bob Simon statue in snow by Charlotte Geary
The skeletal remains of Michael Delaney, the Reston man who went missing from Reston Hospital in May 2020, have been found in the Sugarland Run area, Fairfax County police confirmed….
One of the two residential towers planned for the Faraday Park development near the Wiehle-Reston East Metro station is now open to residents. Move-ins for 242-unit Faraday West tower officially…
Open houses this weekend include a 4 BD/2.5 BA home on a large lot with a swimming pool.
Reston Community Center has announced the lineup its 2021-22 Professional Touring Artist Series. After a truncated season with limited audiences last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the series will…