More snow fell overnight on top of the 13 inches or so already on the ground, which may turn plowed streets and shoveled sidewalks back into the mess they were earlier.
Nonetheless, many around here are trying to get back to business as usual. Here are some updates as of 7:30 a.m. Friday:
Fairfax County Public Schools are closed.
The Federal Government is on a two-hour delay.
Fairfax County government is opening at noon.
Fairfax County Public Libraries are closed.
Northern Virginia Community College is closed.
- VDOT says many roads are still very icy. Check VDOT’s VA 511 site to see conditions.
- Fairfax Connector is running weekday service, starting at 6 a.m., with slight detours.
- Fastran will transport dialysis, chemotherapy, and radiation trips only. All other scheduled route services including: senior centers, adult day health care, Women’s Recovery Center, senior residence trips, and charter services are canceled.
- Virginia Railway Express will only operate trains with an “S” above its train number.
- Metrobus will run limited service only on selected major arterial roadways.
- Fairfax County Collection Customers: Trash and recycling collection service has been suspended for Thursday and Friday customers as a result of the weather and road conditions.
The National Zoo will open at noon.
Reston Association offices will open at noon.
Friday’s horse-drawn carriage rides at Reston Town Center are cancelled due to the snow. Most restaurants and stores plan to be open though.
- Thursday featured a record number of canceled flights. The main runway at Reagan National is open and several runways at Dulles International are open. However, check with your individual airline as there still may be many cancellations and delays.
The Kensington Reston Open House Weekend Spring is in full bloom and we’re celebrating the sunshine! Join us for our Open House Weekend at The Kensington Reston for a peek…
The weekend is almost here. Before you hop on a bicycle and hit the nearest trail, or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news…
A new business has opened up shop at Comstock’s Reston Station plaza near the Wiehle-Reston Metro Station. Scissors & Scotch opened in mid-April, bringing grooming services and a fully-stocked bars…
Fairfax County Public Schools didn’t get all the money it wanted, but its next budget still has room to address some key priorities, including staff compensation and efforts to reduce…