More snow fell overnight on top of the 13 inches or so already on the ground, which may turn plowed streets and shoveled sidewalks back into the mess they were earlier.
Nonetheless, many around here are trying to get back to business as usual. Here are some updates as of 7:30 a.m. Friday:
Fairfax County Public Schools are closed.
The Federal Government is on a two-hour delay.
Fairfax County government is opening at noon.
Fairfax County Public Libraries are closed.
Northern Virginia Community College is closed.
- VDOT says many roads are still very icy. Check VDOT’s VA 511 site to see conditions.
- Fairfax Connector is running weekday service, starting at 6 a.m., with slight detours.
- Fastran will transport dialysis, chemotherapy, and radiation trips only. All other scheduled route services including: senior centers, adult day health care, Women’s Recovery Center, senior residence trips, and charter services are canceled.
- Virginia Railway Express will only operate trains with an “S” above its train number.
- Metrobus will run limited service only on selected major arterial roadways.
- Fairfax County Collection Customers: Trash and recycling collection service has been suspended for Thursday and Friday customers as a result of the weather and road conditions.
The National Zoo will open at noon.
Reston Association offices will open at noon.
Friday’s horse-drawn carriage rides at Reston Town Center are cancelled due to the snow. Most restaurants and stores plan to be open though.
- Thursday featured a record number of canceled flights. The main runway at Reagan National is open and several runways at Dulles International are open. However, check with your individual airline as there still may be many cancellations and delays.
Fairfax County officials support the recent reinstatement of the federal eviction mortarium and plan to continue providing rental assistance to those in need. Earlier this week, the Centers for Disease…
Mother Amalis Hernandez visited a COVID-19 vaccine clinic yesterday (Wednesday) with her family to get her 13-year-old daughter vaccinated after the teen spent all of last year studying remotely. The…
Take a look at a few recently reduced properties around Reston.
Fairfax County Public Schools children will continue to get free meals amid uncertainty with the pandemic. The U.S. Department of Agriculture extended schools’ abilities to provide the food — traditionally…