The good news: Spring officially begins on Thursday.
The bad news: You will have to do some shoveling today.
Northern Virginia was hit with a rare winter storm Sunday night and early Monday. About nine inches of snow fell on Reston.
Here is what you need to know:
- The federal government is closed.
- Fairfax County Government will open at noon Monday.
- Fairfax County Public Schools are closed.
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at www.fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- Fairfax County trash and recycling collection in sanitary districts (15 percent of county households) has been cancelled.
- Reston Community Center is closed.
- The National Zoo and most Smithsonian museums are closed.
- All runways at Reagan National Airport were closed as of 7:15 a.m. Dulles International Airport is open, but experiencing many delays and cancellations. Check with your airline.
Photo: LAMeetsDC via Twitter