The good news: Spring officially begins on Thursday.
The bad news: You will have to do some shoveling today.
Northern Virginia was hit with a rare winter storm Sunday night and early Monday. About nine inches of snow fell on Reston.
Here is what you need to know:
- The federal government is closed.
- Fairfax County Government will open at noon Monday.
- Fairfax County Public Schools are closed.
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at www.fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- Fairfax County trash and recycling collection in sanitary districts (15 percent of county households) has been cancelled.
- Reston Community Center is closed.
- The National Zoo and most Smithsonian museums are closed.
- All runways at Reagan National Airport were closed as of 7:15 a.m. Dulles International Airport is open, but experiencing many delays and cancellations. Check with your airline.
Photo: LAMeetsDC via Twitter
The skeletal remains of Michael Delaney, the Reston man who went missing from Reston Hospital in May 2020, have been found in the Sugarland Run area, Fairfax County police confirmed….
One of the two residential towers planned for the Faraday Park development near the Wiehle-Reston East Metro station is now open to residents. Move-ins for 242-unit Faraday West tower officially…
Open houses this weekend include a 4 BD/2.5 BA home on a large lot with a swimming pool.
Reston Community Center has announced the lineup its 2021-22 Professional Touring Artist Series. After a truncated season with limited audiences last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the series will…