The good news: Spring officially begins on Thursday.
The bad news: You will have to do some shoveling today.
Northern Virginia was hit with a rare winter storm Sunday night and early Monday. About nine inches of snow fell on Reston.
Here is what you need to know:
- The federal government is closed.
- Fairfax County Government will open at noon Monday.
- Fairfax County Public Schools are closed.
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at www.fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- Fairfax County trash and recycling collection in sanitary districts (15 percent of county households) has been cancelled.
- Reston Community Center is closed.
- The National Zoo and most Smithsonian museums are closed.
- All runways at Reagan National Airport were closed as of 7:15 a.m. Dulles International Airport is open, but experiencing many delays and cancellations. Check with your airline.
Photo: LAMeetsDC via Twitter
Reston Association has acknowledged that technological mishaps resulted in tens of thousands of dollars in additional expenses. The organization described how it’s working to prevent those types of incidents following…
Fairfax County COVID-19 cases over the past 180 days as of Jan. 18, 2022 (via Virginia Department of Health) The peak of this winter’s omicron variant surge might be in…
The latest Just Sold includes a 5 BD/5 BA brick home with a new kitchen, wood burning fireplace and side porch.
The weekly planner is a roundup of interesting events over the next week in the Herndon and Reston area. We’ve searched the web for events of note. Want to submit…