This is a sponsored post from Eve Thompson of Reston Real Estate.
What a difference a few weeks can make. The weather has made a decided turn towards fall, and the Reston real estate market also seems to be in transition.
This past week in Reston, 17 properties went from pending to sold. The average number of days on the market climbed to just over 30 and the total number of homes for sale increased to 303, which leaves us with a little more than four months of housing inventory.
For home sellers, this means you must come into the market in the best shape possible for your price point. You have to do everything you can to differentiate your home. You don’t want to be one of many in the market — you want to create a market of ONE that tells buyers, “You better jump on this or it will be gone!”
For home buyers, this means there may be an opportunity to ask for closing costs and other incentives, but be careful, we’ll need a little more inventory to be able to call this a true buyers’ market.
Here are a few of the homes that sold this past week.
- 1334 DASHER LN. 5BR, 4.5 BA. Listed Price, $999,999; Sold Price, $980,000
- 1951 SAGEWOOD LN. #204 1 BR, 1 BA. Listed Price, $129,900; Sold Price $125,000. Seller Subsidy, $2,000
- 12020 CREEKBEND DR. 4 BR, 3.5 BA. Listed Price, $975,000; Sold Price, $935,000. Seller Subsidy, $3,000
- 11400 WASHINGTON PLAZA W. #405 0BR, 1 BA. Listed Price, $169,000; Sold Price, $165,000
- 11218 WEDGE DR. 4BR, 3.5 BA. Listed Price, $760,000; Sold Price, $742,000
- 11817 GREY BIRCH PLACE 3 BR, 2.5 BA. Listed Price, $650,000; Sold Price, $650,000. Seller Subsidy, $3,750
- 11562 LINKS DR. 4 BR, 2 Full BA, 2 Half BA. Listed Price, $499,999; Sold Price, $500,000. Seller Subsidy, $2,000
Find what you need to know about signing severance agreements in Virginia in the latest Legal Insider.
Monday, September 20 Technology Help (4-6 p.m.) — Volunteers at Reston Regional Library are available to answer questions about technology. Half-hour slots are open for reservations. Tuesday, September 21 (un)disclosed…
Reston Association is turning to the public to guide the future of the Shadowood Recreation Area. The area, which is on Springwood Drive, houses an aging 20-meter pool that has…
County to Deploy Mobile COVID-19 Testing — The county is deploying a mobile lab to provide testing in several locations beginning tomorrow. Individuals who have COVID-19 symptoms can get tested….