The victim was approached from behind at North Shore and Wainwright drives by two teen boys at about 5:45 p.m., Fairfax County Police said. One of the teens punched the man and stole property from him. The victim did not suffer serious injuries, police said.
In other crime news from Reston District Station through Monday, Oct. 6:
INDECENT EXPOSURE: A woman was walking on the sidewalk of the 2500 block of Cornelia Road on Sept. 30 when a man exposed himself. The suspect is in his 20s and stands about 5-foot-5 to 5-foot-7.
- 1100 block of Round Pebble Lane, Oct. 4. Someone entered a home and took cash from a vehicle in a garage
- 2400 block of Founders Way, Sept. 22. Someone entered and stole from a home.
- 2800 block of Rolling Fork Circle, cash stolen from a home
- 11400 block of Orchard Lane, property stolen from a home
- 10500 block of Wynfield Woods Drive, property stolen from a home
- 900 block of Locust Street, purse stolen from a vehicle, near the American Chinese School in Herndon
- 13200 block of Coppermill Drive, purse stolen from a vehicle
- 11700 block of Newbridge Court, license plate stolen from a vehicle
- 11900 block of Market Street, property stolen from a business in Reston Town Center Plaza
- 2300 block of Hunters Woods Plaza, merchandise stolen from a business in Hunters Woods Plaza
- 11700 block of Sunrise Valley Drive, cash stolen from a business
Before we head into a weekend, let’s take a look back at the biggest stories on the site in recent days. Herndon teen John Gluck takes his star turn on…
Herndon Police Chief Maggie DeBoard says that the lack of beds in mental health facilities is compounding a mental health crisis and taking much-needed local officers off the streets for…
Portales Aloso waited an hour on Tuesday (Oct. 19) for a Metro train from Reston into D.C. The wait on Wednesday was 20 minutes. He was among countless commuters in…
(Updated at 12:35 p.m.) Reston-based company ScienceLogic is relocating its headquarters. It’s looking to move into the 13th floor office space at 11955 Democracy Drive. That’s the corner building anchored…