The victim was approached from behind at North Shore and Wainwright drives by two teen boys at about 5:45 p.m., Fairfax County Police said. One of the teens punched the man and stole property from him. The victim did not suffer serious injuries, police said.
In other crime news from Reston District Station through Monday, Oct. 6:
INDECENT EXPOSURE: A woman was walking on the sidewalk of the 2500 block of Cornelia Road on Sept. 30 when a man exposed himself. The suspect is in his 20s and stands about 5-foot-5 to 5-foot-7.
- 1100 block of Round Pebble Lane, Oct. 4. Someone entered a home and took cash from a vehicle in a garage
- 2400 block of Founders Way, Sept. 22. Someone entered and stole from a home.
- 2800 block of Rolling Fork Circle, cash stolen from a home
- 11400 block of Orchard Lane, property stolen from a home
- 10500 block of Wynfield Woods Drive, property stolen from a home
- 900 block of Locust Street, purse stolen from a vehicle, near the American Chinese School in Herndon
- 13200 block of Coppermill Drive, purse stolen from a vehicle
- 11700 block of Newbridge Court, license plate stolen from a vehicle
- 11900 block of Market Street, property stolen from a business in Reston Town Center Plaza
- 2300 block of Hunters Woods Plaza, merchandise stolen from a business in Hunters Woods Plaza
- 11700 block of Sunrise Valley Drive, cash stolen from a business
A duck takes a bath in Royal Lake near Burke (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The weekend is almost here. Before you double check your Congressional district or head to…
The festival takes place in Reston Town Square park tomorrow (courtesy Canine Companions) A DogFest is coming to Reston Town Square Park tomorrow (Saturday). The event, slated to take place…
The county is considering ways to preserve dark skies around the observatory (via Fairfax County Government) An effort is underway to preserve the dark skies around the Turner Farm Park…
Lake Audubon from bridge in Reston (photo by Ray Copson) Reminder: Early Voting Begins — “[It’s] the first day to #voteearly in the congressional #midterms! The 8th, 10th & 11th…