Virginia is still counting the votes for U.S. Senator, with incumbent Democrat holding a slim lead on Republican challenger Ed Gillespie. But Fairfax County’s votes have been totaled, and Warner won every precinct in Reston.
Here is a look at precinct-by-precinct Reston voting for Senate and for U.S. House. In the House 11th District, which includes Reston, incumbent Democrat Gerry Connolly won re-election, defeating first time candidate and human rights activist Suzanne Scholte.
Dogwood (Voter turnout 41.5 percent)
- Senate: Gillespie, 484; Warner, 1,070; Sarvis (L), 58
- House: Scholte, 529; Connolly, 1,040
Hunters Woods (59.7 percent)
- Senate: Gillespie, 505; Warner, 914; Sarvis, 24
- House: Scholte, 529; Connolly, 852
Reston 1 (40 percent)
- Senate: Gillespie, 264; Warner, 794; Sarvis, 29
- House: Scholte, 286; Connolly, 763
Reston 2 (46 percent)
- Senate: Gillespie, 343; Warner 968; Sarvis, 36
- House: Scholte, 367; Connolly, 927
Reston 3 (51.9 percent)
- Senate: Gillespie, 220; Warner, 777; Sarvis 24
- House: Scholte, 230; Connolly, 752
Glade (53.6 percent)
- Senate: Gillespie, 504; Warner: 1,289; Sarvis, 49
- House: Scholte, 551; Connolly, 1,226
South Lakes (50 percent)
- Senate: Gillespie, 565; Warner, 1,471; Sarvis, 40
- House: Scholte, 620; Connolly, 1,393
Terraset (39.9 percent)
- Senate: Gillespie, 373; Warner, 1,035; Sarvis, 44
- House: Scholte, 396; Connolly, 994
Sunrise Vallley (55.6 percent)
- Senate: Gillespie, 390; Warner, 516; Sarvis, 15
- House: Scholte, 412; Connolly, 475
North Point (46 percent)
- Senate: Gillespie, 797; Warner, 1,207; Sarvis, 41
- House: Scholte, 856; Connolly, 1,133
Aldrin (51 percent)
- Senate: Gillespie, 876; Warner, 1,320; Sarvis, 38
- House: Scholte, 946; Connolly, 1,233
Cameron Glen (40.7 percent)
- Senate: Gillespie, 514; Warner, 760; Sarvis, 29
- House: Scholte, 540; Connolly, 627
For complete Fairfax County results, see this report from the Fairfax County Board of Elections.
The former private venue will be preserved as part of the overall infill residential proposal (via JR Catering/Facebook) A nearly 9-acre property near Lake Fairfax Park in Reston could be…
The Fairfax County Government Center building (staff photo by David Taube) Local officials are already preparing for “one of the most challenging” budget talks in years due to inflation, the…
PayMore plans to open a location in Reston within two to three weeks (via PayMore) An electronics trading store is slated to open in Reston’s Home Depot by the end…
Wolftrap Creek in fall (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Route 7 Lane Shift in Reston Starts Today — “On or about Tuesday, Nov. 29, the right-turn lane from eastbound Route…
The Ravel Dance Studio will re-open for fall classes 2020. The school will offer in person and virtual online instruction. With over 5000 sq. ft. to social distance the school has added air ionization filtration systems, ballet barres, acrylic dividers, hands free bathrooms, strict monitoring and more.
The Ravel Dance Studio will produce a Nutcracker Ballet Hollywood style video through the Reston Community CenterStage. REGISTRATION online begins August 17.
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.