The biennial event (2013’s Games were held in Belfast, Northern Ireland) will feature competition in more than 60 events. Tickets are free.
The action will take place from DC (opening ceremonies at RFK Stadium) to Loudoun County’s equestrian fields. Most of the events will be held at Fairfax stadiums, fields and high school facilities and at George Mason University.
Several events will be here in Reston. Here is what you need to know:
- Honor Guard — Hyatt Regency Reston, June 27 and 28.
- Ice Hockey — Reston Skatequest, June 27 to July 3
- Police Service Dogs — Lake Fairfax Park, June 27 and 28
- Rowing — Hyatt Regency Reston, July 3 and 4
- Half Marathon — Reston Town Center, July 5
- Open Water Swim — Lake Audubon, June 28
- Triathlon — Lake Audubon/South Lakes High School, July 3
- Cross Country Running — Lake Fairfax Park, June 30
- Wrist Wrestling — Reston Town Center, Hyatt Regency Reston, July 3
For complete schedule, visit the Fairfax 2015 website.
Tickets are free.
Reston Town Center will also be the site of the Athletes Village. There will be entertainment, vendors and other fun nightly in several locations at town center. See this previous Reston Now article for more details.