The free festival will feature performances by acclaimed ukulele musicians, music demonstrations, a morning public jam session, food and drink vendors, and other family friendly activities.
This festival is the only ukulele festival in Northern Virginia. It will take place rain or shine.
Here is the 2015 lineup:
9 a.m. to 11 a.m. — Community Stage Morning Jam Session at Café Montmartre.
- 11:15 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. – Aloha Boys (Hawaiian)
- 12:00 p.m. – 12:45 p.m. – Ukeabilly Mama (Donna Frost) (Blues/Folk)
- 1:00 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. – Hula Monsters (Swing)
- 2:00 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. – Gina De Simone & the Moaners (Blues & Swing)
- 3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. – Isa Pacifika Dancers (Traditional Hawaiian Dance Performance)
- 3:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. – Stuart Fuchs (Folk, Classical, Jazz, Rock)
- 4:45 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. – Afternoon Jam Session lead by Gina DeSimone
The festival is hosted by the Lake Anne Merchants with support from the Reston Community Center, Friends of Lake Anne (FOLA), and the Northern Virginia Ukulele Ensemble.
Reston Association (staff photo by Jay Westcott) Reston Association is seeking candidates for its 2024 Board of Directors’ election. Four seats are open for the election, which will take place…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. Embarking on the holiday season demands…
Gov. Glenn Youngkin announces a “Building Blocks for Virginia Families” plan to increase funding for early childhood education (Official Photo by Christian Martinez, Office of Governor Glenn Youngkin) With the…
A renovation of Lake Thoreau pool has been completed (courtesy Reston Association/YouTube) The renovation of Reston’s Lake Thoreau pool has officially been completed in time for the 2024 pool season….