The free festival will feature performances by acclaimed ukulele musicians, music demonstrations, a morning public jam session, food and drink vendors, and other family friendly activities.
This festival is the only ukulele festival in Northern Virginia. It will take place rain or shine.
Here is the 2015 lineup:
9 a.m. to 11 a.m. — Community Stage Morning Jam Session at Café Montmartre.
- 11:15 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. – Aloha Boys (Hawaiian)
- 12:00 p.m. – 12:45 p.m. – Ukeabilly Mama (Donna Frost) (Blues/Folk)
- 1:00 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. – Hula Monsters (Swing)
- 2:00 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. – Gina De Simone & the Moaners (Blues & Swing)
- 3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. – Isa Pacifika Dancers (Traditional Hawaiian Dance Performance)
- 3:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. – Stuart Fuchs (Folk, Classical, Jazz, Rock)
- 4:45 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. – Afternoon Jam Session lead by Gina DeSimone
The festival is hosted by the Lake Anne Merchants with support from the Reston Community Center, Friends of Lake Anne (FOLA), and the Northern Virginia Ukulele Ensemble.
The latest Reston Home Insider explains why buyer fatigue is so common right now and ways to push through it.
(Updated at 11:30 a.m.) Face masks are now required when students are inside Fairfax County Public School buildings, regardless of an individual’s vaccination status, the school district announced this morning…
Hundreds of electric scooters have started popping up around Fairfax County after the county announced last week that it had approved two vendors for its shared mobility device program. Bird…
CDC Updates Mask Guidance — The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now recommends masks indoors in places with high or substantial COVID-19 transmission and in schools nationwide, regardless of…