There is only one ukulele festival in Northern Virginia and it is at Lake Anne this Saturday.
The sixth annual Ukulele Festival at Lake Anne Plaza will feature performances by acclaimed ukulele musicians, music demonstrations, a morning public jam session, and other family friendly activities.
Admission is free. The festival will take place rain or shine. There will be tacos, craft beer and Popsicles for sale. The Saturday morning farmers market and craft market will take place as usual, and most crafters will stay through the festival.
Here is the 2015 music lineup:
9 a.m. to 11 a.m. — Community Stage Morning Jam Session at Café Montmartre.
- 11:15 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. – Aloha Boys (Hawaiian)
- 12:00 p.m. – 12:45 p.m. – Ukeabilly Mama (Donna Frost) (Blues/Folk)
- 1:00 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. – Hula Monsters (Swing)
- 2:00 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. – Gina De Simone & the Moaners (Blues & Swing)
- 3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. – Isa Pacifika Dancers (Traditional Hawaiian Dance Performance)
- 3:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. – Stuart Fuchs (Folk, Classical, Jazz, Rock)
- 4:45 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. – Afternoon Jam Session lead by Gina DeSimone
The festival is hosted by the Lake Anne Merchants with support from the Reston Community Center, Friends of Lake Anne (FOLA), and the Northern Virginia Ukulele Ensemble.