Units responded to a house at 11153 Lake Chapel Lane about 4:10 p.m. on Monday.
Firefighters encountered smoke coming from the four-story townhouse. Crews quickly extinguished the fire. Two people were home when the fire broke out, and escaped unharmed.
The occupants discovered the fire prior to the activation of smoke alarms. There were no injuries, officials said.
Damage is estimated at $15,000.
Investigators said the fire started when the lighting struck a natural gas line and entered a wall inside the home, causing the fire.
Around the same time Monday, lightning struck the visitors center and boathouse at Lake Fairfax Park in Reston. There was no fire and no injuries.
Herndon Man Allegedly Uses Belt to Restrain Student — A music teacher from Herndon tried to restrain a disruptive student with his belt at an elementary school Sept. 15 in…
If you’re a small business in Reston, you could receive up to $250 per new hire through the Return to Earn initiative.
McNair Elementary School students pick up lunch on their first day of school for the 2021-2022 academic year (via FCPS) Fairfax County Public Schools is revising a number of procedures…
As more and more drivers shift to sustainable vehicles, a design review board for the Reston Association is looking to formalize requirements for what electric vehicle charging stations must have…