On Monday, a security guard in a building in the 2200 block of Monroe Street in unincorporated Herndon reported hearing gunshots about 10:35 p.m. He located bullet holes in the front door to the building, police said.
On Wednesday, an employee of a building in the 2200 block of Corporate Park Drive in unincorporated Herndon reported to police damage and several holes to the front of a building that appeared to be gunshots.
Last week, an employee who works in the 12000 block of Worldgate Drive told Reston Now that his building also was damaged by mystery bullets.
Police are investigating to see if the incidents are related.
In other police news:
BURGLARY: 11400 block of Great Meadow Drive, Aug. 4. A resident reported someone entered the residence and took property.
ASSAULT: 13100 block of Parcher Avenue, Aug. 1. A man was approached by four male juveniles about 1:30 a.m.. The suspects assaulted the victim and fled. The victim did not require medical attention. The suspects were described as males in their teens. One of the suspects was wearing a black T-shirt. A second suspect was wearing a white T-shirt, blue jean shorts and a red baseball hat.
BURGLARY: 1000 block of Aziza Court, Aug. 1. A homeowner reported someone entered the home and took property.
- 1700 block of Bracknell Drive, merchandise from business
- 11100 block of Branton Lane, property from residence
- 2500 block of Camberwell Court, property from residence
- 2100 block of Centreville Road, purse from business
- 2300 block of Hunters Woods Plaza, merchandise from business
- 2400 block of Masons Ferry Drive, cash from residence
- 1900 block of Reston Metro Plaza, bicycle from residence
- 11900 block of Winterthur Lane, cash from residence
- 2300 block of Hunter Woods Plaza, beverage from business
- 2100 block of Enright Place, property from vehicle
- Wiehle Avenue/Reston Station Boulevard, bicycle from metro
- 10100 block of Clover Glen Drive, property from business
2500 block of Fox Hound Court, 2007 Toyota RAV4.
Photo: Bullet hole in bulding window on Worldgate Drive/reader photo
Before we head off into another weekend with COVID-19 abound, let’s take a look back at the biggest stories on Reston Now in recent days. Seven new businesses — including…
A rapid COVID-19 at-home testing kit (via Jernej Furman/Flickr) Fairfax County Public Library offered at-home COVID-19 test kits to the community for the first time this morning (Friday). An hour…
Two days before Thanksgiving, the 29 Diner was decimated by a fire. The next day, owner John K. Wood got back to work. “It was a total loss,” Wood told…
A new beauty bar is coming to Lake Anne Plaza by the end of the year. Owner Dina Almashat plans to open Beauty Bar by Dina within the next 10…