Lake Anne Jazz Week will feature a variety of jazz-themed events, including live music, merchant activities, of course, the Jazz & Blues Festival.
The Jazz & Blues Festival is a free, family friendly, all-day event Saturday, Sept. 5 from 1 to 8 p.m. It will showcase a variety of talented regional and national jazz & blues artists.
But first, here is what is happening as part of Lake Anne Jazz Week:
Restaurant Activities and Performances
- Sept. 1 (7-10 p.m.) – The Red Tree Solo (Café Montmartre)
- Sept. 1 (8 p.m.) – Jazz Trivia Night (Kalypso’s Sports Tavern)
- Sept. 1 (6-9 p.m.) – Mykle Lyons Trio (Plaza)
- Sept. 2 (8-10 p.m.) – The Caterpillars Duet (Café Montmartre)
- Sept. 2 (9:30 p.m.) – Jazz Karaoke Night (Kalypso’s Sports Tavern)
- Sept. 3 (7-9 p.m.) – Take A Break Concert Series featuring the Chris Vadala Quartet (Plaza)
- Sept. 4 (7:30-10:30 p.m.) – Cabernet (Café Montmartre)
- Sept. 4 (6:30-8:30 p.m.) – The Jason Kearse Trio (Plaza)
- Sept. 5 (9:30 p.m.) – Post-Festival Late Night with Sam Gunderson (Kalypso’s Sports Tavern)
- Chesapeake Chocolates – Special Edition chocolate musical notes and instruments. Wine Tasting, Sept. 3, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Reston’s Used Book Shop – 50 percent off all books about music
- Small Change Kids Consignment Shop – Melissa & Doug musical toys 50 percent off
- The Reston Museum – Music sale on local jazz performers Beverly Cosham, Menda Ahart and Felicia Crowley
Ninth Annual Lake Anne Jazz & Blues Festival, Sept. 5
Adrian Duke is this year’s headliner. Duke leads the New Orleans sounds of the Adrian Duke Project. Although he has found a home as a Blues artist, by blurring the lines between Blues, Funk, R&B, and Jazz, he has found critical acclaim, audience acceptance, and artistic peer recognition.
- 1:00 p.m. – Ted Garber
- 2:00 p.m. – Cissa Paz
- 3:00 p.m. – Integriti Reeves
- 4:00 p.m. – Nia Olabesi
- 5:00 p.m. – Mykle Lyons
- 6:00 p.m. – Texas Chainsaw
- 7:00 p.m. – Adrian Duke
The festival is sponsored by Lane Anne Merchants, Friends of Lake Anne, the Reston Community Center, and Reston Association.
Before we head into a weekend, let’s take a look back at the biggest stories on the site in recent days. Herndon teen John Gluck takes his star turn on…
Herndon Police Chief Maggie DeBoard says that the lack of beds in mental health facilities is compounding a mental health crisis and taking much-needed local officers off the streets for…
Portales Aloso waited an hour on Tuesday (Oct. 19) for a Metro train from Reston into D.C. The wait on Wednesday was 20 minutes. He was among countless commuters in…
(Updated at 12:35 p.m.) Reston-based company ScienceLogic is relocating its headquarters. It’s looking to move into the 13th floor office space at 11955 Democracy Drive. That’s the corner building anchored…