Lake Anne Jazz Week will feature a variety of jazz-themed events, including live music, merchant activities, of course, the Jazz & Blues Festival.
The Jazz & Blues Festival is a free, family friendly, all-day event Saturday, Sept. 5 from 1 to 8 p.m. It will showcase a variety of talented regional and national jazz & blues artists.
But first, here is what is happening as part of Lake Anne Jazz Week:
Restaurant Activities and Performances
- Sept. 1 (7-10 p.m.) – The Red Tree Solo (Café Montmartre)
- Sept. 1 (8 p.m.) – Jazz Trivia Night (Kalypso’s Sports Tavern)
- Sept. 1 (6-9 p.m.) – Mykle Lyons Trio (Plaza)
- Sept. 2 (8-10 p.m.) – The Caterpillars Duet (Café Montmartre)
- Sept. 2 (9:30 p.m.) – Jazz Karaoke Night (Kalypso’s Sports Tavern)
- Sept. 3 (7-9 p.m.) – Take A Break Concert Series featuring the Chris Vadala Quartet (Plaza)
- Sept. 4 (7:30-10:30 p.m.) – Cabernet (Café Montmartre)
- Sept. 4 (6:30-8:30 p.m.) – The Jason Kearse Trio (Plaza)
- Sept. 5 (9:30 p.m.) – Post-Festival Late Night with Sam Gunderson (Kalypso’s Sports Tavern)
- Chesapeake Chocolates – Special Edition chocolate musical notes and instruments. Wine Tasting, Sept. 3, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Reston’s Used Book Shop – 50 percent off all books about music
- Small Change Kids Consignment Shop – Melissa & Doug musical toys 50 percent off
- The Reston Museum – Music sale on local jazz performers Beverly Cosham, Menda Ahart and Felicia Crowley
Ninth Annual Lake Anne Jazz & Blues Festival, Sept. 5
Adrian Duke is this year’s headliner. Duke leads the New Orleans sounds of the Adrian Duke Project. Although he has found a home as a Blues artist, by blurring the lines between Blues, Funk, R&B, and Jazz, he has found critical acclaim, audience acceptance, and artistic peer recognition.
- 1:00 p.m. – Ted Garber
- 2:00 p.m. – Cissa Paz
- 3:00 p.m. – Integriti Reeves
- 4:00 p.m. – Nia Olabesi
- 5:00 p.m. – Mykle Lyons
- 6:00 p.m. – Texas Chainsaw
- 7:00 p.m. – Adrian Duke
The festival is sponsored by Lane Anne Merchants, Friends of Lake Anne, the Reston Community Center, and Reston Association.
Railroad tracks are elevated above Lake Accotink Park (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Retired Priest Found Not Guilty of Sexual Abuse — “Terry Wayne Specht, 69, of Pennsylvania was found…
This sponsored column is written by the team at Arrowine & Cheese (4508 Cherry Hill Road in Arlington). Sign up for the email newsletter and receive exclusive discounts and offers. Experience Arrowine’s Tastings & Events. Have…
Fairfax County Board of Supervisors Chair Jeff McKay (file photo) Fairfax County deserves more local authority, Board of Supervisors Chairman Jeff McKay says, calling Virginia’s Dillon Rule “increasingly more intrusive”…
The South Lakes High School PTSA Food Pantry’s annual “Do It Your Way 0.5K” fundraiser returns this month (photo by Alexis Doty) The South Lakes High School PTSA’s annual “Do…
The Ravel Dance Studio will re-open for fall classes 2020. The school will offer in person and virtual online instruction. With over 5000 sq. ft. to social distance the school has added air ionization filtration systems, ballet barres, acrylic dividers, hands free bathrooms, strict monitoring and more.
The Ravel Dance Studio will produce a Nutcracker Ballet Hollywood style video through the Reston Community CenterStage. REGISTRATION online begins August 17.
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.