The RCA gives the award annually to a dedicated citizen whose volunteer and civic efforts deserve the recognition and appreciation they have earned through their hard work and dedication to the Reston community.
RCA Citizen of the Year Nomination Criteria
- The nominee has been a Reston resident for at least 5 years.
- The nominee’s actions are consistent with the goals of Reston, and of RCA.
- The nominee’s actions have contributed to the quality of life in Reston.
- People in need of help have benefited from the nominee’s actions.
- The nominee’s deeds were done without thought of personal benefit or recognition.
- The nominee is not currently serving as an elected public official or a member of the Board of a major community organization (RA, RCA, or RCC).
The Reston Citizen of the Year will be honored at a special reception this spring.
The skeletal remains of Michael Delaney, the Reston man who went missing from Reston Hospital in May 2020, have been found in the Sugarland Run area, Fairfax County police confirmed….
One of the two residential towers planned for the Faraday Park development near the Wiehle-Reston East Metro station is now open to residents. Move-ins for 242-unit Faraday West tower officially…
Open houses this weekend include a 4 BD/2.5 BA home on a large lot with a swimming pool.
Reston Community Center has announced the lineup its 2021-22 Professional Touring Artist Series. After a truncated season with limited audiences last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the series will…