There is family fun this weekend at both of Reston’s large gathering places.
Chalk on the Water, Lake Anne’s third annual chalk art festival, is Saturday and Sunday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Lake Anne Plaza.
All ages are invited to sign up for remaining spaces and create chalk murals on the bricks of the plaza. Everyone is also invited to just browse the street art.
Register on Chalk on the Water’s website. Plots start at $10.
Participants have a chance to win cash prizes for various categories, awarded by community judges. Funds raised from the festival will be donated to the Initiative for Public Art Reston.
Sunday at Reston Town Center is for all things yoga. The eighth annual Love Your Body Yoga Festival will feature free yoga classes from a variety of local teachers from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. There will also be classes for kids in a separate tent, and a marketplace for vendors.
New to the festival this year is a Farm to Table tent, where local farmers, distributors and food artisans will prepare and offer healthy food. Among the vendors:
- Second Spring Farm – ecologically grown vegetables
- Golden Valley Guernseys – premium raw Guernsey milk
- Prior Unity Garden – garden design, installation, classes
- LivingClean with Paula – growing sprouts & microgreens
- 100 Bowls of Soup – nourishing soup & stock
- EatLuv – handcrafted clarified butter
- Fairfax County Farmers Markets – 11 weekly markets
Photo: Chalk on the Water 2015