We got 80 comments on that post (and more than 100 on the Reston Now Facebook page), with many great suggestions. Here are some of the spots readers gave lots of mention:
- Cafesano (South Lakes Village Center)
- Red’s Table (South Lakes Village Center)
- Glory Days (North Point Village Center; Fox Mill Shopping Center)
- Gregorio’s Trattoria (North Point Shopping Center)
- Kalypso’s (Lake Anne Plaza)
- Ariake (Hunters Woods Village Center)
- La Ong (Fox Mill Shopping Center)
- Cafe Montmartre (Lake Anne Plaza)
- Silver Diner (Reston)
- Amphora (Herndon)
- A Taste of the World (Herndon)
Which brings us to this weekend’s discussion: Where to go for a drink?
While “technically” there are no standalone bars according to Virginia law (only restaurants that serve alcohol), there are places in Reston, Herndon and nearby areas that are more popular for cocktails/beer/wine than for their meals.
Weekend parking will remain free at town center, so many drinking spots will see see do a brisk business. But what about a weekday drink? “Monday Night Football” viewing? Let us know where you will grab a pint if you want to park for free come September.
Photo: Beer taps at Red’s Table